What are the Slack Archives?

Itโ€™s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! Thereโ€™s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you wonโ€™t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hey everyone ๐Ÿ‘‹ I'm Guido X Jansen and I joined Spryker last month as your brand new Global Busi

Guido X Jansen
Guido X Jansen Global Business & Technology Evangelist Sprykee Posts: 424 โš–๏ธ - Guardians (admin)

Hey everyone ๐Ÿ‘‹ I'm Guido X Jansen and I joined Spryker last month as your brand new Global Business & Technology Evangelist, which basically means I hope to be talking a lot to you all ๐Ÿ˜„

I wanted to take this opportunity to introduce myself, where I'm coming from and what I'll be doing at Spryker :spryker:

And of course you can ask me anything โ“ you want.

I have a background in psychology ๐Ÿง , usability and website optimization (CRO) ๐Ÿ“ˆ and Iโ€™ve been working in the E-commerce industry ever since leaving university. I've always done a lot with community building/ evangelism ๐Ÿ“ข both online and offline (think creating community portals, organizing events, (un)conferences). The last decade my involvement was mainly with the Magento e-commerce platform and - until joining Spryker - I was also part of the independent Magento Association Board.

I'm not here to talk bad about "competitor" Magento, but to give you some context (I know you want to): the last few years with Magento - especially after being taken over by Adobe - I knew: this is not going to last... ๐Ÿ“‰ A lot of people left (both the company and the community) and the energy was dwindling. It's still a good platform for some use cases, but I do feel that we're on the brink of something quite different. The ecosystem that Magento was released into (in 2008) is now very different, both for companies and consumers. I actually think the products are so different, Spryker and Magento aren't really competitors anyway.

I was already following Spryker for some time and when our co-founder Boris (who I met at a Magento conference back in 2010) asked me to join I didn't have to think twice. I truly believe that this is THE commerce platform for the next 10 years and just like a decade ago I'm feeling this buzz โšก and huge potential and it's incredible to talk to merchants using Spryker and seeing how it unlocks new possibilities and sometimes even completely new business models for them. Itโ€™s like experiencing the rebirth of commerce all over again and Iโ€™m all here for it. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

If you want, you can also connect with me here:
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gxjansen/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/guido #firstnameclub

I look forward to connect with you! ๐Ÿ”—

Comments

• Chemaclass
    Chemaclass Tech Lead Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 213 ๐Ÿง‘๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿš€ - Cadet

Hello Guido! Do you know when is happening the next Spryker Meetup/Tech-talk?

• Guido X Jansen
    Guido X Jansen Global Business & Technology Evangelist Sprykee Posts: 424 โš–๏ธ - Guardians (admin)

@U015S0C0V29 I wanted to organize one in Januari in Berlin, but with all COVID things being more restrictive again I think I'm going to move that to an online meeting

• Guido X Jansen

@U015S0C0V29 any specific topics you'd like to learn more about?

• Chemaclass
    Chemaclass Tech Lead Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 213 ๐Ÿง‘๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿš€ - Cadet

I actually wanted to propose doing one talk presenting one of my pet project which might be great for newbies, especially to learn and understand the basic โ€œmagicโ€ that is happening on Facade/Factory/Config level. I mean, how these classes gets resolved on the fly for each module. The project is this one: https://github.com/gacela-project/gacela
    Itโ€™s basically a simplified version of what you encounter on module level in Spryker, using the same patterns and philosophy. Perfect for pet-projects, legacy-projects, and maybe even learning the basic Spryker concepts ๐Ÿ™‚

• Chemaclass

I did this because when I started learning Spryker, one of the most difficult part was understanding this โ€œmagicโ€ that happen โ€œunder the hoodโ€ (from the Facade calling getFactory() and automagically it gets resolved and so on, you might know what I mean). For this reason I went deeper to understand whatโ€™s going on, and in parallel I wanted to have a similar architecture for another pet-project (https://github.com/phel-lang/phel-lang), so I open-sourced the result code of all of this investigation, and I called it Gacela.

This is the summary and motivation of the talk I would like to share with the Spryker community, because I believe it can help other people to know about this ๐Ÿ’ก