What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Has anyone been faced with occasionally not working updates on cms blocks? Every message passed by r

ULL0N440J
ULL0N440J Posts: 184 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Has anyone been faced with occasionally not working updates on cms blocks? Every message passed by rabbitmq lands in event.error queue

Comments

• UKHR9UN00
    UKHR9UN00 Posts: 70 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet
    edited August 2019

Have you enabled the event logger by setting $config[EventConstants::LOGGER_ACTIVE] = true;?
    This should add additional information about the failed message to the message in event.error queue

• UK5DS29L2
    UK5DS29L2 Posts: 546 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

not really, but you can:

• launch logs
    • fire up the vendor/bin/console queue:task:start taskname
    • check logs for what appeared
  • ULL0N440J
    edited August 2019

Thank you both. Just enabled the event logger.

Seems like I've missed that one. On updating a cms-block in zed the zed/exception.log says duplicate key value violates unique constraint "spy_cms_block_storage-unique-key"

Don't know since when I got issues while updating that, but I am pretty sure that wasn't a problem before πŸ€”

• UKHR9UN00
    UKHR9UN00 Posts: 70 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Maybe you've somehow truncated your spy_cms_block table(s) but not the storage table? I think the key is build from the resource ids

• ULL0N440J

Quite likely. Strange thing is, that this is happening on our staging system, too. Didn't touch the database there at all. All I did was the data:import:cms-block πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Will check this anyway. Thanks

• Ehsan Zanjani
    Ehsan Zanjani Head of Solution Architecture @ Spryker Posts: 113 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Hi @ULL0N440J,
    If the error is still happening with 1 process, this might come from some issues in code, but if it comes when you run multiple process like worker command, then it’s a race condition, you can fix this it by enabling event.retry queue to resolve these errors.

• ULL0N440J
    edited September 2019

Hi Ehsan, thanks for the tip. The messages were passed through event.retry queue, too. As mentioned above: this behaviour probably occured due to double keys. DB-Table(s .. you need the storage, too) wasn't cleared properly.

• Ehsan Zanjani
    Ehsan Zanjani Head of Solution Architecture @ Spryker Posts: 113 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

ok, but please report this to our customer support if this is still an issue and it comes from core, thanks