What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hello Everyone, I need to connect the redis database to another tool than redis commander. I am usi

U040LMJF6TY
U040LMJF6TY Posts: 30 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
edited February 2023 in Help

Hello Everyone,

I need to connect the redis database to another tool than redis commander. I am using the below credentials for my localhost system

HOST: key_value_store
PORT: 6379

but I am not able to connect to the database. Can someone help me here? Below is the error I see from the tool.
getaddrinfo EAI_AGAIN key_value_store

Comments

• U040LMJF6TY

@UL6DGRULR can you please help me here??

• Alberto Reyer
    Alberto Reyer Posts: 690 🪐 - Explorer

Sure, the port is forwared into the docker container, try:

Host: localhost
    Port: 16379

this is workin fine for me, using RedisInsight on my host system

• Alberto Reyer
    Alberto Reyer Posts: 690 🪐 - Explorer

The host key_value_store is only available inside the docker containers, as you can see when you execute docker/sdk cli ping key_value_store vs. ping key_value_store

• U040LMJF6TY

Thank you it worked!!