What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hello together! 👋 I am following this guide for installing Spryker with Docker on a Windows mac

U0128MN5FT7
U0128MN5FT7 Posts: 13 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hello together! 👋 I am following this guide for installing Spryker with Docker on a Windows machine: https://documentation.spryker.com/docs/installation-guide-development-mode
Unfortunately, I never worked with Ubuntu, as well as with Docker. Anyway, the installation process worked fine until I have to bootstrap the docker setup:

philipppaul@YODA:/b2c-demo-shop$ docker/sdk bootstrap deploy.dev.yml
mkdir: cannot create directory 'docker/deployment/_tmp': Permission denied
philipppaul@YODA:/b2c-demo-shop$ sudo docker/sdk bootstrap deploy.dev.yml
Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running?
Docker version 0 is not supported. Please update docker to at least 18.09.1.

If I run the command without sudo, I get "permission denied". If I use sudo, it tells me docker deamon may not run. I guess it's a problem with user access rights.
I would be very happy if someone could help me out here! 🙏

Comments