What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Good morning, has anyone faced a (really) slow login on a local installation? I just waited for the

ULL0N440J
ULL0N440J Posts: 184 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Good morning,
has anyone faced a (really) slow login on a local installation? I just waited for the login after almost an hour. I guess this isn't normal. Am I maybe slowed down by messed up sessions?

Comments

• Valerii Trots
    Valerii Trots SRE @ Spryker Sprykee Posts: 1,654 ✨ - Novice

Hi Daniel!
    We at Spryker haven’t seen this.
    Maybe it would be better for you to try out docker-based solution?

https://documentation.spryker.com/installation/spryker_in_docker/spryker-in-docker-201907.htm

• ULL0N440J

I got another VM running where the login doesn't take too long (max. 5 seconds)

• UM53ZHLTF
    UM53ZHLTF Posts: 43 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

As wild guesses to check:
    β€’ have you enabled xdebug and the code stopped somewhere the execution
    β€’ have you switched out mail provider to a remote one, which is not reachable
    β€’ have you restarted the vm and tried again?

Hope that helps.. .

• ULL0N440J

Hey John, thanks for the tips. Unfortunately nothing helped.

• All extensions disabled in chrome
    • User-management is requesting local DB
    • "Have you tried turning it off and on again?" - Yes πŸ™‚

Maybe this is a browser setting after all. It works on a different device with the same database dump and vm.

• Andriy Netseplyayev
    Andriy Netseplyayev Sprykee Posts: 519 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Did you check what’s happening in the browser’s Network tab? What takes so long?

• giovanni.piemontese
    giovanni.piemontese Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 871 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Hi, there is a problem in core from spryker. Login take always ca. 5 sek. and it is not normal. U can test it at b2b or b2c demo shop from spryker too... Spryker know already the problem. @valerii.trots u can ask @lunov too.

• ULL0N440J

Hi, I just investigated a bit more. It's quite likely that my chrome is messed up. I don't even get to see the post to login_check after hitting the submit button in the network-tab in console. No profile active, no Caches, no extendions.

Installed a fresh firefox and it ran proberly. Safari works too.

• Valerii Trots

I can confirm the same. Trying to change a password for a newly created from Zed customer.
    In Safari works ok, in chrome it does nothing. But it’s something project-specific. You need to debug here somehow.

• ULL0N440J

Oh, ok πŸ€”

• Valerii Trots

Actually in incognito mode everything works. So could be that some chrome plugin does this.

• Valerii Trots

Or at least only password changing worked in incognito… πŸ€”

• ULL0N440J

I actually disabled every chrome extension (adblock, xdebug helper, modheader, ...)

• ULL0N440J
    edited August 2019

only works for me in guest-mode.

Seems like this is caused by a setting of chrome preferences. As mentioned earlier: the form isn't submitted at all (regarding the network- tab)

• Valerii Trots

Yes. And this is something project-specific it seems as it works ok for our demo-shops…

• ULL0N440J

I've overwritten the project/src/Pyz/Yves/ShopUi/Theme/default/components/molecules/form/form.twig (added a datafield "Id" to give add some css stuff). Will undo this and check again.

• Andriy Netseplyayev

@ULL0N440J could you still check what’s happening in the network tab, which http requests are being sent out? Might also be related to the CORS topic, we had that once on the project

• Valerii Trots

@UKJSE6T47 ```
    I don't even get to see the post to login_check after hitting the submit button in the network-tab in console. No profile active, no Caches, no extendions.

```

• Andriy Netseplyayev
    edited August 2019

yes, maybe because it tries to do first the OPTIONS request (maybe).

• Andriy Netseplyayev

Valerii has just showed me, doesn’t look like a CORS case

• ULL0N440J

Solved it. Cleared my preferences of Chrome. Don't know what caused this behaviour at all..
    Some people reported that google assistant could block the login (in a google forum). Didn't have this active neither πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

• Andriy Netseplyayev
    edited August 2019

thanks for reporting back, Daniel, good to know πŸ‘

• ULL0N440J

Same story (nearly) again.

Can call my local instance this time in Google Chrome - but it is really, really slow. This time on all users (even in incognito).

Calling /cart for the same user in 3 fresh browsers:
    Safari: 7.4 seconds
    Firefox: 5.3 seconds
    Chrome: Something over 90s..

All are passing the same amount of data. No extensions activated, same settings for CORS etc..
    Reinstalled Chrome already, cleared preferences.