What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Do you know if it possible to use Aws3v3FilesystemBuilderPlugin for local test? i mean doing in the

USKLNKAUT
USKLNKAUT Posts: 12 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Do you know if it possible to use Aws3v3FilesystemBuilderPlugin for local test? i mean doing in the config something like

'AWS_FILE_SYSTEM' => [
    'sprykerAdapterClass' => Aws3v3FilesystemBuilderPlugin::class,
    'root' => '/',
    'path' => '/',
    'key' => 'test',
    'secret' => 'test',
    'bucket' => 'name',
    'version' => 'xxxx',
    'region' => 'eu-west-3',
],

it is automatically build an url http://bucket.region.amazonaws.com....but we need something like http://localstack::portnumber. Is there an easy way, without extending all the world behind the plugin?

Comments

• Do you need to test the S3 integration locally, or just the files? If the answer is the second, you could change this configuration on the related config for the local env.

• USKLNKAUT
    edited July 2020

i need just to simulate an AWS system that works on a local volume then with a local url...the problem is that in the config you cannot config the complete url. The question was if there is already an out of the box solution for that

• USKLNKAUT

we have already the local volume..iΒ΄d like just to access it throw spryker fly system/AWS plugin / config

• USKLNKAUT

als updata..i have found a way to use the localstack with the spryker Aws3v3FilesystemBuilderPlugin...the only thing to fix is now the connection refused from the volume => AWS HTTP error: cURL error 7: Failed to connect to localhost port 4572: Connection refused

• Valerii Trots
    Valerii Trots SRE @ Spryker Sprykee Posts: 1,654 ✨ - Novice
    edited August 2020

Here is some feedback from our developers:

xxxΒ Β [10:51 AM]
    Question is why is he trying to connect to local volume in local url? What problem is he solving?

yyyΒ Β [10:56 AM]
    I'm not sure that S3 lib is able to connect to a local server. Or at least that's out of scope of our library implementation.
    We use several buckets - one for local testing, another for stage, demo, prod, etc

• USKLNKAUT

ok..thanks..it did not help a lot πŸ˜•. the lib allows to map the se uri to a local one. it is enogh to setup the s3 client in Aws3v3AdapterBuilder

• USKLNKAUT

for instance using

'endpoint' => '<http://localhost:4572>', //TODO delete
    'use_path_style_endpoint' => true,

• USKLNKAUT

and for the first question

• USKLNKAUT

the localhost at the port 4572

• USKLNKAUT