What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

morning πŸ‘‹ - at what point (if any) should you remove a deprecated state machine process from th

UKGT7RC7P
UKGT7RC7P Posts: 538 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet
edited July 2020 in Help

morning πŸ‘‹ - at what point (if any) should you remove a deprecated state machine process from the ACTIVE_PROCESSES list?

Comments

• UKGT7RC7P

we've found the Order Matrix very useful, but it becomes increasingly less useful as you get more deprecated processes

• UKGT7RC7P
    edited July 2020

(as an aside, we might try and aggregate orders by payment method rather than process)

• Unknown
    edited July 2020

Hey Daniel! I would say when you’re sure that all orders with old state machine processes are finished (came to final state).

• UKGT7RC7P
    edited July 2020

and de-activating pre-maturely would mean that orders using that process would get stuck?

• Not really.

• As you remap your payment methods to new state machine process

• UKGT7RC7P

i mean, orders using the old one. i.e. is "active processes" just a display setting

• UKGT7RC7P

i don't think it is looking at the code, but might be wrong

• UKGT7RC7P

so if I have an order which is using OldProcess01, and it's half way through that process

• yes, but you need to be careful if you deleted some states

• or changed the flow completely

• UKGT7RC7P

i think you mean modifying an existing SM without rather than creating a new version?

• I mean if some of your order items were in deprecated state and in your new state machine you have deleted this state you might have a problems

• about the slow changes

• UKGT7RC7P

ah ok, i'm talking about replacing the process with a newer one, so older orders would follow the process that was active when they were created

• Imaging you had payment flow with only authorize call and now you have in new state machine pre-authorize - capture flow and item was somewhere in the middle. And now it will go through capture process that leads to exceptions

• Just be careful )

• UKGT7RC7P
    edited July 2020

but that's when you update an existing SM process without creating a new version or?

• Ah, yes it is.

so older orders would follow the process that was active when they were created

That’s correct

• UKGT7RC7P

so the question was really if you de-activate an old process, is it just that it's not shown in Zed, or will those orders stop being progressed?

• UKGT7RC7P
    edited July 2020

(the answer should in anycase probably be as you suggested initially πŸ˜„ to have at least visibulity of the older processes) - but then would be nice to have option on the order matrix to catregorize by payment method (or other things) rather than just the process name

• that sounds like a good feature request for https://spryker.ideas.aha.io/ πŸ˜‰

• UKGT7RC7P
    edited July 2020

not really sure what my suggestion is exactly though, will create an idea when I've investigated more on our project