What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

We discussed an Idea within our company and I’d like to share it here to ask the question(s) “do you

U016ZN12N4A
U016ZN12N4A Posts: 20 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

We discussed an Idea within our company and I’d like to share it here to ask the question(s) “do you know if it is possible to implement it and how would one do so?

As a Spryker Developer, I want to be able to get a trace of all modules involved in a request.

Think of this feature as an architecture StackTrace. Which modules are involved in handling a request in e.g. Zed?
The main goal of this idea is to reduce the time to “find the right spot to set a breakpoint” within the IDE.

https://spryker.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CUSTIDEAS-I-110

Comments

• UKGT7RC7P
    UKGT7RC7P Posts: 538 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
    edited July 2020

a profiler (blackfire/tideways or even Xdebug f.e.) would help -- possibly

• U016ZN12N4A

true, xdebug does give such a representation. I just thought it would be nice to have a tool which lists the modules on a higher level, in an architectual perspective - makes sense?

• UKGT7RC7P
    edited July 2020

not sure (i'm not spryker representative though) - i'd think that even if you had the overview, you'd still want to dig down to see what in the module was being called

• UKGT7RC7P
    edited July 2020

but maybe you could instrument the facades somehow with the Symfony stopwatch and show this in the Symfony profiler

• U016ZN12N4A

exactly - but in a second step, in a fine grained search. At first you get a sense for the “flow” and in a second step you dig deeper.

• U016ZN12N4A

🤔 I’ll check that - thanks @UKGT7RC7P

• UKGT7RC7P
    edited July 2020

i once managed to instrument the Zed client/stub and got the Zed calls in the Symfony profiler - think you can do it with guzzle middleware in config - can't find the example now though

• UKGT7RC7P

which was useful

• U016ZN12N4A

thx! 🤗 - maybe I’ll get that working for us

• UKGT7RC7P

you could either install that module, or better, just copy paste from it