What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hello again! After setting up the B2C Demo Shop, I wanted to use PhpStorm on my Windows 10 machine t

U01TMFNLL48
U01TMFNLL48 Posts: 8 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
edited April 2021 in Help

Hello again! After setting up the B2C Demo Shop, I wanted to use PhpStorm on my Windows 10 machine to start coding. However, the changes to the codebase (on Windows) do no reflect in the Vagrant Virtual Machine. I found some information about Synced Folders for Vagrant at https://www.vagrantup.com/docs/synced-folders/basic_usage, but changing the paths will break the project. Should the folders be synced out of the box after finishing installation? Or is there an extra step to do/is there something that I might be missing?

Comments

• Valerii Trots
    Valerii Trots SRE @ Spryker Sprykee Posts: 1,654 ✨ - Novice

Have you followed installation guide?
    Do you open network drive as a project directory in PHPStorm?

• U01TMFNLL48

Yes, I followed the installation guide (https://documentation.spryker.com/docs/b2b-b2c-demo-shop-installation-windows-with-development-virtual-machine): Yves, Zed and Glue are working as expected. I did not open the network drive as a project directory in PhpStorm, not quite familiar with that. Any advice?

• Valerii Trots
    Valerii Trots SRE @ Spryker Sprykee Posts: 1,654 ✨ - Novice

So what have you opened in PHPStorm as a project then?

There is a step when you git clone a project and then copy it to a network drive.
    That network drive has to be opened as a project.

If PHPStorm can't do this (I remember there could be problems with that), try with VSCode.

• U01TMFNLL48

I opened the local copy of the cloned project, and thought it will sync automatically to the remote (VM) project via Vagrant Sync Folders. I will try your approach now

• U01TMFNLL48

@valerii.trots Thank you! I mapped the network drive and opened the project using PhpStorm. Now the files are syncing correctly ✅