What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hello, has anyone an idea why we can’t import new placeholders from `cms_page.csv` with `docker/sdk

U01AM1YGRC2
U01AM1YGRC2 Posts: 71 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
edited June 2021 in Help

Hello, has anyone an idea why we can’t import new placeholders from cms_page.csv with docker/sdk console data:import --config=data/import/local/our-full-import-file_EN.yml ?
note: the path to cms_page is included in our-full-import-file_EN.yml

In cms_page.csv there are columns already like placeholder.content.en_US, placeholder.content.de_DE which seems to be working on import and here the values will change.

But we have placeholder.subTitle.en_US, …de_DE also, but here the changes doesn’t affect in database table -> spy_cms_page_storage - the values won’t imported 😞

Can anyone help with this problem?

Comments

• fsmeier
    fsmeier Senior Software Engineer & Developer Enablement Advocate Sprykee Posts: 1,051 ⚖️ - Guardians (admin)

Is this already solved or are you still struggling?

• U01AM1YGRC2

hello Florian, I’m checking again this by importing the files while a new install process. I changed the name to placeholder.sub_title.en_US … and. .de_DE to check if the camel case was the problem.

• U01AM1YGRC2

@florian.scholz the problem is already existing. We ain’t able to extend the cms_page.csv with more placeholders than content or title 😞 maybe there are fixed columns but thats not documented as far as I can see 😕

• fsmeier
    fsmeier Senior Software Engineer & Developer Enablement Advocate Sprykee Posts: 1,051 ⚖️ - Guardians (admin)
  • U01AM1YGRC2

Ah so there is currently a fixed set and we can extend this with others? Thank you very much for this information, I didn’t found it yet. I think when we extend this we can later adjust more placeholders 🙂 Thank you.

• U01AM1YGRC2
    edited June 2021

@florian.scholz is it possible that you can look at this other Problem we struggle with? https://sprykercommunity.slack.com/archives/CKJRJM5FG/p1624378420311300

The probelm is, that we can just add the MAIN_NAVIGATION but if we want e.g. the SOCIAL_LINKS in Footer the widget in twig: {% widget ‘NavigationWidget’ args[‘SOCIAL_LINKS’, ‘navigation-social’] %} doesn’t work, the same problem we have with ‘payments’. We also can’t found any Code for the Widget e.g. a widgetPlugin or so.

• fsmeier

“so there is currently a fixed set and we can extend this with others” - yes, seems like 🙂

• fsmeier

Can you pls mark this question as solved once you can approve the approach?

• U01AM1YGRC2
    edited June 2021

Yes I will mark it as solved 🙂

Can you pls mark this question as solved once you can approve the approach?

Funny is that in cms_block you can extend just the csv file with new columns and it work, we were wondering about why this is another behaviour than cms_page ^^

• fsmeier

? 😄