What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

the docker sync container uses 100% CPU on my machine without any files changing at all. has someone

UQ958DA4U
UQ958DA4U Posts: 232 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

the docker sync container uses 100% CPU on my machine without any files changing at all. has someone else experienced this behaviour before?

Comments

• UPFHFFA69
    UPFHFFA69 Posts: 10 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

For MacOS there is a bug with docker https://github.com/docker/for-mac/issues/3499

• UQ958DA4U

Ah, indeed I'm on macOS. But this seems irrelevant seems it only happens for the sync container in my case. but maybe it's also related.

• UPFHFFA69
    UPFHFFA69 Posts: 10 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Are you using volumes?

• UQ958DA4U

I've just removed everything and upped it right now. let's see if it works.

• UQ958DA4U

I'm using the standard deployment.dev.yml that comes with the demo shops.

• UK5DS29L2
    UK5DS29L2 Posts: 546 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

problems may be also semi-hardware one. it's worth to keep an eye on the RAM usage. not enough ram means you will be using your swap space (if you have it) which will use more CPU to manage swapping process.

then again, if you run your jenkins in docker, it will consume your CPU to run tasks, disabling scheduler might be a good idea for local development (until you want to keep it runnin in the background). but that won't solve your issue on the long run.

• UQ958DA4U

Again, the container producing the load was unison, not Jenkins and not anything else. What solved the issue for me was a docker/sdk remove followed by docker/sdk up - that also fixed a few sync problems. Inside the container there was nothing special going on so I don't know why unison was in such a busy (loop?) state.

• UQ958DA4U

This setup has 32GB and 8GB are exclusively reserved for Docker. This should be plenty.