What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hi there! I am facing a problem with a cron job. I have a job that is grabbing some data and create

martin
martin Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 49 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hi there!

I am facing a problem with a cron job. I have a job that is grabbing some data and creates a report out of it. This should only happen on the production environment. Therefore I defined the job like this in jenkins.php:

$jobs[] = [
    'name' => 'daily-reports',
    'command' => '$PHP_BIN vendor/bin/console sales-reporting:reports -vvv',
    'schedule' => '0 5 * * 0-6',
    'enable' => true,
    'stores' => ['DE'],
    'run_on_non_production' => false,
];

Having set the property run_on_non_production to false , I assume that this shouldn't run on my local environment and yet it does.

Any thoughts what's wrong here?

Comments

• fsmeier
    fsmeier Senior Software Engineer & Developer Enablement Advocate Sprykee Posts: 1,051 ⚖️ - Guardians (admin)

Heyhey, I think run_on_non_production is depcrecated - where do you have it from?

Could you try
    'enable' => APPLICATION_ENV === 'production', ?

• Chemaclass
    Chemaclass Tech Lead Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 213 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
    edited November 2021

Yes, the classes Cronjobs & JenkinsController are both deprecated without replacement. Therefore I assume the run_on_non_production (which is used inside those classes) will be also be deprecated. So the alternative from @florian.scholz makes totally sense.

• martin
    martin Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 49 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hey!

I saw that it's using some deprecated code but it looked like it's still active, since it's also part of the docs here --> https://docs.spryker.com/docs/scos/dev/back-end-development/cronjobs/adding-and-configuring-cronjobs.html#add-a-new-job-and-run-it

So I'll try your suggestions which looks sound.

Many thanks

• fsmeier
    fsmeier Senior Software Engineer & Developer Enablement Advocate Sprykee Posts: 1,051 ⚖️ - Guardians (admin)

Thanks for posting the link, i reported in internally