What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Short question: I am writing an implementation of the `QueryExpanderPluginInterface`. To properly ex

U01FMCD8EN4
U01FMCD8EN4 Posts: 27 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Short question: I am writing an implementation of the QueryExpanderPluginInterface. To properly expand the query, I need some functionality from Spryker\Client\SearchElasticsearch\Query\QueryBuilder. My question is: do I copy the functionality (sounds wrong?), or do I expose the createQueryBuilder method from the factory via the Facade?

Comments

• U01SE4SRCU9
    U01SE4SRCU9 Posts: 68 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

I'd suggest you should rather create a normal implementation for whatever you want to do, with its own class in your module, that is created by the factory and accessible via the facade and then just call that method of the facade from your plugin, like:

$this->getFacade()->doStuff();

So you call the facade from the plugin and from there on everything goes normally: facade calls the factory, factory creates whatever is needed and returns it to the facade, which then tells the created instance what to do, that does it and then you either get a return value or don't, as you need it. Business as usual.

• U01FMCD8EN4
    U01FMCD8EN4 Posts: 27 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Okay, thanks

• U01SE4SRCU9
    U01SE4SRCU9 Posts: 68 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

You're welcome.