What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hi guys, does anyone have experience with this error: `Service search is not running. Please check t

giovanni.piemontese
giovanni.piemontese Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 871 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet
edited December 2019 in Docker

Hi guys, does anyone have experience with this error: Service search is not running. Please check the name.? I have under service/elastic the default version of elastic to 6.8 changed, because i need this version. Thanks in advance

Comments

• @UPKUB2DAL maybe? 😊

• giovanni.piemontese
    edited December 2019

normally the last commit https://github.com/spryker/docker-sdk/commit/ec491a7e9123ce7fee3d87ae7cfa992556c455d1 provide the compatibility to elastic 6.8 based on new search-elasticsearch bundle.

• Valerii Trots
    Valerii Trots SRE @ Spryker Sprykee Posts: 1,654 ✨ - Novice

ES6+ support isn't ready yet and will be ready (documentation, integration\migration guides and vagrant+docker readiness) together with an upcoming product release which is going to happen after the New Year if everything is ok.

• giovanni.piemontese

@valerii.trots ok, but it works already (on vagrant). Why is not ready yet, but releases as stable package (1.0.0) ?

• Valerii Trots

The whole epic contains not only module but also documentation and development environment.
    Neither documentation nor development envs (vagrant contains both versions of ES but 5 is still default) are not ready yet.

• giovanni.piemontese

yes, u are right. But there are a lot of modules without documentation etc... therefore for me when something is released as stable version it means that we can use it... clear... our problem.... normally i can also wait until next year of product release...
    but for the devs that have a application based on suite, they have don't to wait of any product release..

today if i want take up the actual spryker-shop/suite with docker and ES6+ it does not work... at least on my env..

• Valerii Trots
    edited December 2019

The code works with both versions of ES. The only thing that left is dev env. And mentioned commit is only about documentation and not the actual support of ES6+. Sorry, our development team pushed the doc. part earlier then the actual support.

• Hi Giovanni,

Sorry for this bad experience. We are going to fix this bug.
    Thank you for reporting it!

• giovanni.piemontese

Thanks both @valerii.trots and @UPZH5HHEV
    i try with ES5.6 at first... please let me know when it is fixed.

• sprymiker
    sprymiker Sprykee Posts: 781 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Hi Giovanni,

Would you be so kind to dump the ES part of your deploy.yml file?

• giovanni.piemontese

Hi Mike,
    do u mean this (from deploy.dev.yml)

search:
            engine: elastic
            version: 6.8

I just now reverted back (without version) and per default docker compose use the default version 5.6 and everything seems to be loaded/created/running

• sprymiker

ok. That’s correct.

Please try to run again and check if container is running.
    docker ps | grep search

• sprymiker

I assume that ES6 cannot run with data volume created by ES5.

• giovanni.piemontese

ok, i try to give a feedback in 10 min.. i have now a meeting

• sprymiker

If container is not running. docker logs spryker_search_1 would give the output

• sprymiker

Sure.

• giovanni.piemontese

docker ps | grep search is empty...
    docker logs spryker_search_1 -> no such container: spryker_search_1

docker logs spryker_b2b_dev_search_1 -->

• giovanni.piemontese
    OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM warning: Option UseConcMarkSweepGC was deprecated in version 9.0 and will likely be removed in a future release.
    [2019-12-17T14:05:39,538][WARN ][o.e.b.ElasticsearchUncaughtExceptionHandler] [unknown] uncaught exception in thread [main]
    org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.StartupException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: failed to obtain node locks, tried [[/usr/share/elasticsearch/data]] with lock id [0]; maybe these locations are not writable or multiple nodes were started without increasing [node.max_local_storage_nodes] (was [1])?
        at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.init(Elasticsearch.java:163) ~[elasticsearch-6.8.4.jar:6.8.4]
        at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.execute(Elasticsearch.java:150) ~[elasticsearch-6.8.4.jar:6.8.4]
        at org.elasticsearch.cli.EnvironmentAwareCommand.execute(EnvironmentAwareCommand.java:86) ~[elasticsearch-6.8.4.jar:6.8.4]
        at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.mainWithoutErrorHandling(Command.java:124) ~[elasticsearch-cli-6.8.4.jar:6.8.4]
        at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.main(Command.java:90) ~[elasticsearch-cli-6.8.4.jar:6.8.4]
        at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.main(Elasticsearch.java:116) ~[elasticsearch-6.8.4.jar:6.8.4]
        at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.main(Elasticsearch.java:93) ~[elasticsearch-6.8.4.jar:6.8.4]
    Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: failed to obtain node locks, tried [[/usr/share/elasticsearch/data]] with lock id [0]; maybe these locations are not writable or multiple nodes were started without increasing [node.max_local_storage_nodes] (was [1])?
        at org.elasticsearch.env.NodeEnvironment.<init>(NodeEnvironment.java:300) ~[elasticsearch-6.8.4.jar:6.8.4]
        at org.elasticsearch.node.Node.<init>(Node.java:296) ~[elasticsearch-6.8.4.jar:6.8.4]
        at org.elasticsearch.node.Node.<init>(Node.java:266) ~[elasticsearch-6.8.4.jar:6.8.4]
        at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Bootstrap$5.<init>(Bootstrap.java:212) ~[elasticsearch-6.8.4.jar:6.8.4]
        at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Bootstrap.setup(Bootstrap.java:212) ~[elasticsearch-6.8.4.jar:6.8.4]
        at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Bootstrap.init(Bootstrap.java:333) ~[elasticsearch-6.8.4.jar:6.8.4]
        at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.init(Elasticsearch.java:159) ~[elasticsearch-6.8.4.jar:6.8.4]
        ... 6 more
    Caused by: [java.io](http://java.io).IOException: failed to obtain lock on /usr/share/elasticsearch/data/nodes/0
        at org.elasticsearch.env.NodeEnvironment$NodeLock.<init>(NodeEnvironment.java:218) ~[elasticsearch-6.8.4.jar:6.8.4]
        at org.elasticsearch.env.NodeEnvironment.<init>(NodeEnvironment.java:270) ~[elasticsearch-6.8.4.jar:6.8.4]
        at org.elasticsearch.node.Node.<init>(Node.java:296) ~[elasticsearch-6.8.4.jar:6.8.4]
        at org.elasticsearch.node.Node.<init>(Node.java:266) ~[elasticsearch-6.8.4.jar:6.8.4]
        at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Bootstrap$5.<init>(Bootstrap.java:212) ~[elasticsearch-6.8.4.jar:6.8.4]
        at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Bootstrap.setup(Bootstrap.java:212) ~[elasticsearch-6.8.4.jar:6.8.4]
        at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Bootstrap.init(Bootstrap.java:333) ~[elasticsearch-6.8.4.jar:6.8.4]
        at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.init(Elasticsearch.java:159) ~[elasticsearch-6.8.4.jar:6.8.4]
        ... 6 more
    Caused by: java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: /usr/share/elasticsearch/data/nodes/0/node.lock
        at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.translateToIOException(UnixException.java:90) ~[?:?]
        at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:111) ~[?:?]
        at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:116) ~[?:?]
        at sun.nio.fs.UnixFileSystemProvider.newFileChannel(UnixFileSystemProvider.java:182) ~[?:?]
        at java.nio.channels.FileChannel.open(FileChannel.java:292) ~[?:?]
        at java.nio.channels.FileChannel.open(FileChannel.java:345) ~[?:?]
        at org.apache.lucene.store.NativeFSLockFactory.obtainFSLock(NativeFSLockFactory.java:125) ~[lucene-core-7.7.2.jar:7.7.2 d4c30fc2856154f2c1fefc589eb7cd070a415b94 - janhoy - 2019-05-28 23:30:25]
        at org.apache.lucene.store.FSLockFactory.obtainLock(FSLockFactory.java:41) ~[lucene-core-7.7.2.jar:7.7.2 d4c30fc2856154f2c1fefc589eb7cd070a415b94 - janhoy - 2019-05-28 23:30:25]
        at org.apache.lucene.store.BaseDirectory.obtainLock(BaseDirectory.java:45) ~[lucene-core-7.7.2.jar:7.7.2 d4c30fc2856154f2c1fefc589eb7cd070a415b94 - janhoy - 2019-05-28 23:30:25]
        at org.elasticsearch.env.NodeEnvironment$NodeLock.<init>(NodeEnvironment.java:211) ~[elasticsearch-6.8.4.jar:6.8.4]
        at org.elasticsearch.env.NodeEnvironment.<init>(NodeEnvironment.java:270) ~[elasticsearch-6.8.4.jar:6.8.4]
        ... 6 more

• sprymiker

docker volume rm spryker_b2b_search-elastic-data please make sure the volume name is correct

• sprymiker

Also everything should be down before

• giovanni.piemontese

yes... it works now... thanks..

it means that in the case i want to switch back to ES5.x i have to remove every time the volume?

• giovanni.piemontese

@ULYHPR789 some experience with this other error?

==> /var/log/spryker/DE/YVES/exception.log <==
    [2019-12-17 14:16:59] Yves.CRITICAL: ErrorException - ini_set(): session.name cannot be a numeric or empty '' in "/data/vendor/symfony/http-foundation/Session/Storage/NativeSessionStorage.php::389" {"exception":"[object] (ErrorException(code: 0): ini_set(): session.name cannot be a numeric or empty '' at /data/vendor/symfony/http-foundation/Session/Storage/NativeSessionStorage.php:389)
    [stacktrace]

• sprymiker

It seems yes. We do not assume data migrations in dev mode.

• sprymiker

According error - no clue. Probably wrong configuration.

• sprymiker

please ask in

• giovanni.piemontese

ok.. but i just dont change anything.. the actual configuration works very well in vagrant env..

• giovanni.piemontese

ok, i ll try.. thanks