What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hi! Maybe someone know: how can i call some client method without implementing client call into Zed/

U021WPVTUS2
U021WPVTUS2 Posts: 25 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Hi! Maybe someone know: how can i call some client method without implementing client call into Zed/Yves/Glue. I just want to test method output before implementing it. I have an idea just create some test page in zed/yves and call in controller what i need, but it seems too complicated

Comments

• Andriy Netseplyayev
    Andriy Netseplyayev Sprykee Posts: 519 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet
    edited August 2021

mmm.. how about implementing a unit test for it πŸ˜‰ ?
    You can find some tests in tests/PyzTest for the inspiration

• U021WPVTUS2

@UKJSE6T47 method not completed. I in development process. I don't want to test - just get response.
    I can do this only through unit?

• Andriy Netseplyayev

yes, that is what TDD is all about - you write tests for your method upfront, see them fail, and then while implementing your method you re-run the tests getting more and more of them green, until it’s done.

• Andriy Netseplyayev

That would be the best approach.

• U021WPVTUS2

@UKJSE6T47 thanks! πŸ˜ƒ

• Andriy Netseplyayev

Otherwise, you can pick any existing controller/action you can access, provide your client to that module through dependency (and factory) and do in Controller
    $this->getFactory()->createMyClient()->callMyMethod()

• Andriy Netseplyayev
    edited August 2021

But since you would need a page or glue endpoint any way - you can consider also writing them first - and then test your client method all together.