What are the Slack Archives?

Itโ€™s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! Thereโ€™s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you wonโ€™t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Does anybody already use mutagen 0.15.0 for docker/macos development? For me it is very unreliable i

s.kroll
s.kroll Posts: 118 ๐Ÿช - Explorer
edited July 2022 in Docker

Does anybody already use mutagen 0.15.0 for docker/macos development? For me it is very unreliable in comparison to 0.14. Files/directories are often not synced at all. Problem: I wasn't able to downgrade so far ๐Ÿ™ˆ Any tipps?

โžœ  ~ mutagen-compose version
Mutagen version 0.15.0
Compose version v2.6.0
Docker version v20.10.12

Comments

• U019JM2HE7N
    U019JM2HE7N Posts: 61 ๐Ÿง‘๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿš€ - Cadet

Still on 0.14

I`ve saved a workaround shared earlier here for downgrading mutagen:

cd "$(brew --repo mutagen-io/homebrew-mutagen)" && \
    git checkout bd8b45734ceebb24a9b11cbae7ff9f1623cfb737 && \
    HOMEBREW_NO_AUTO_UPDATE=1 brew install mutagen-io/mutagen/mutagen-beta && \
    mutagen daemon stop  && \
    mutagen daemon start && \

You should change commit hash and remove beta reference to match version 0.14
    Good luck! ๐Ÿ˜‰

• s.kroll

You. Are. Awesome ๐Ÿ‘Œ
    Looks like it working to get the latest 0.14.x (incl mutagen-compose) with the following command:

cd "$(brew --repo mutagen-io/homebrew-mutagen)" && \
    git checkout 814fdf7ead2c48d1f79227cd7e972deb038cf4be && \
    HOMEBREW_NO_AUTO_UPDATE=1 brew install mutagen-io/mutagen/mutagen && \
    HOMEBREW_NO_AUTO_UPDATE=1 brew install mutagen-io/mutagen/mutagen-compose && \
    mutagen daemon stop  && \
    mutagen daemon start

• s.kroll

... and I would recommend to pin the packages to their versions:

โžœ  ~ brew pin mutagen
    โžœ  ~ brew pin mutagen-compose

• fsmeier
    fsmeier Senior Software Engineer & Developer Enablement Advocate Sprykee Posts: 1,051 โš–๏ธ - Guardians (admin)

Btw, the owner of mutagen is very active here: https://join.slack.com/t/mutagen-io/shared_invite/zt-1dy3ayn5f-xnuGrZmyUMkm4BvL78A1ig - if you want to report it or give feedback^^