What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hi everyone. I have a short question regarding the "TolerableProcessException", which is part of the

UT3DT1N4S
UT3DT1N4S Posts: 7 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Hi everyone. I have a short question regarding the "TolerableProcessException", which is part of the spryker middleware.
Normally an exception is an untolerable error which is supposed to break stuff and in the middleware process it leads to the current item beeing ignored.
But, the name "TolerableProcessException" suggests that this exception is tolerable and shouldn't break the middleware process for this item. Unfortunately there is no documentation to confirm or decline this and when i go with "the code is the documentation" then all i have is the name suggesting me "hey, i'm rather an information than an exception, please continue with your process"

Can anybody confirm, decline and/or give his opinion on this topic?

Comments

• U013EK8RD7A
    U013EK8RD7A Posts: 127 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Hey @UT3DT1N4S, one example of TolerableProcessException is the ValidationException that is thrown by standard ValidationStage

• U013EK8RD7A
    edited October 2020

This exception breaks the middleware process for this item, but it doesn’t break the whole process. Usually you process multiple items in a single run, so this exception allows you to process further items instead of breaking on first invalid item.

• UT3DT1N4S

But isn't this the case for every exception? Or did i get that wrong during the spryker workshop?

• U013EK8RD7A
    edited October 2020

TolerableProcessException -> is tolerable because it does not break THE WHOLE middleware process

• U013EK8RD7A

regular exception would completely break the loop, not allowing to process any other items in the pipeline

• UT3DT1N4S

Ok, so i got this wrong in the workshop.. Thanks for the clarification