What are the Slack Archives?

Itโ€™s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! Thereโ€™s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you wonโ€™t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hi, we have the following problem and i am searching for some ideas and opinions: There is an extern

USX5CJLS1
USX5CJLS1 Posts: 16 ๐Ÿง‘๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿš€ - Cadet

Hi, we have the following problem and i am searching for some ideas and opinions: There is an external product configurator that will send us the configuration (everything, names, prices) with a proprietary xml format. In our shop there are no products that are representing this configuration. My assumption is that spryker businesscode will have a hard time to interpret this data so it can added to cart and bought as long there is no product representation for this in the database
First (and probably easiest) solution that comes to my mind would be to create the products "on the fly" everytime the configurator sends us this data, so cart and checkout can work without bigger changes, but i dont like this idea, because i am afraid that the database will bloat more and more with this custom created products. Maybe you have some interesting ideas to solve this?

Comments

• giovanni.piemontese
    giovanni.piemontese Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 871 ๐Ÿง‘๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿš€ - Cadet

Dummy Product and then decorate the product every time.... the external product configurator save in db and then one or more expander plugins that decorate the dummy product according the relation to external product configurator...

• USX5CJLS1

ah ok interesting idea, and checkoutvalidation-conditions are checking against quote-object within the sessiondata so there needs not be everything in database i guess?

• giovanni.piemontese
    giovanni.piemontese Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 871 ๐Ÿง‘๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿš€ - Cadet

the external product configuration i would save into db, in order to expand the product also in submitted order or sales return feature etc..

For example u have a new property in ItemTransfer called externalProductConfiguratorId and the expander plugin just expand the ItemTransfer according the data saved into db...

Of course these products are only for adding into cart... and order it.... represent it on PDP it will be very complex...

I think that the u need a very concept to make the right decision...

Should I have a pdp for this products? Are these products searchable or not?

Or it is just a response from an external product configurator and in response the article is just added into cart??!?!

There are a lot lot of question to answer...

• USX5CJLS1

thanks, your ideas already helped ๐Ÿ™‚

• fsmeier
    fsmeier Senior Software Engineer & Developer Enablement Advocate Sprykee Posts: 1,051 โš–๏ธ - Guardians (admin)
  • UK7KBE2JW
    UK7KBE2JW Posts: 463 ๐Ÿง‘๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿš€ - Cadet

Yeah in my first spryker project we also did this with dummy products.