What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hi All, When running docker/sdk up, I receive a 'unknown service: webdriver'. Google doesn't seem t

U02MT5XH1UH
U02MT5XH1UH Posts: 17 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet
edited March 2022 in Help

Hi All,

When running docker/sdk up, I receive a 'unknown service: webdriver'. Google doesn't seem to turn up much, has anyone run into this before? Running on windows.

Β«1

Comments

• fsmeier
    fsmeier Senior Software Engineer & Developer Enablement Advocate Sprykee Posts: 1,051 βš–οΈ - Guardians (admin)

hey, can you maybe paste a bit more of the terminal log?

• U02MT5XH1UH

Hi Florian, unfortunately, that's the only stack it has. But I will get a screenshot.

• U01KKNKGUMD
    U01KKNKGUMD Posts: 1 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet
    edited March 2022

Hi, same on a mac. docker/sdk clean docker/sdk bootstrap deploy.development.yml docker/sdk up and directly after Starting the Docker-Sync:

success  Sync container started
         success  Starting Docker-Sync in the background
    unknown service "webdriver"

• U02MT5XH1UH

We ended up fixing it by installing Ubuntu 20.04 from the microsoft store. Originally, Ubuntu was downloaded (though had update, upgrade run).

• U038L6AK7NY
    U038L6AK7NY Posts: 3 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Here's a screenshot of that. It started appearing again after a restart of my computer. Manually starting each container through the docker app (with "spryker_b2b-gateway-1" last as it fails if run first) seems to be the most consistent way of getting it running.

• U02MT5XH1UH
  • fsmeier
    fsmeier Senior Software Engineer & Developer Enablement Advocate Sprykee Posts: 1,051 βš–οΈ - Guardians (admin)

Did you maybe sent the wrong screenshot? I dont see any exception there - or i miss it somehow

• U02MT5XH1UH

There is no exception, this is all it says.

• U02MT5XH1UH

Sometimes, it changes to "No Such Service Webdriver"

• fsmeier

I am not toooo confident with the windows setup - but i have not heard of this problem yet.

So can you please describe your setup and which instruction you followed? Then I can add possible next steps to debug. (alternative could be a paid resource request of one of our developers via the partner portal, takes time but they can get into a zoom meeting with you)

• U02MT5XH1UH

Ill try to get that to you. We are upgrading to windows 11 to see if that fixes anything.

• fsmeier

So i think the setup was written for windows 10; so this should not be the reason actually.

• U02MT5XH1UH

Sure, the rest of us are on windows 11 and have working local setups. So worth a shot.

• fsmeier

so 3 of you have the problem and for the others it is working? strange - have you tried to remove all from spryker (the whole repository + docker) and start over?

• U02MT5XH1UH

1 of us has an issue, it works for others.

• fsmeier

ah ok

• U02MT5XH1UH

We did, it worked for the initial docker/sdk up, but after that it stopped working.

• fsmeier

So back to the β€œthere is no exception” - how does it show that there is a problem?
    What does docker ps show?

• U02MT5XH1UH

Will update when I get more.

• fsmeier

this looks good. Sorry if I oversaw, but what is the problem exactly for you right now?

• U02MT5XH1UH

Right above that is the 'no such service: webdriver'. And it seems the instance doens't fully come up. Yves draws, but almost no content.

• fsmeier

And where is β€œno such service: webdriver” from? do you have a screenshot from this?

• fsmeier

the screenshot of yves looks like there is a problem with the scheduler (jenkins)

• fsmeier

what is http://scheduler.spryker.local showing? any exceptions?

• U02MT5XH1UH

Scheduler looks to draw without errors.

• fsmeier

ok, lets try one step back - i have no clue yet. please do docker/sdk reset and look carefully in the output about webdriver exceptions

• fsmeier

btw, what does docker-compose -v return? should be v1

• fsmeier

if docker/sdk reset does not help either:
    1. docker/sdk down
    2. docker/sdk clean
    3. remove project repo incl docker
    4. check if nothing is running with docker ps
    5. check that there is no image related to webdriver left docker images
    6. clone repo again
    7. clone docker/sdk again
    8. docker/sdk bootstrap deploy.dev.yml
    9. docker/sdk up -v

• U038L6AK7NY
    U038L6AK7NY Posts: 3 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

docker version is 2.3.3

• fsmeier

is it docker compose or docker?