What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

I have a problem with starting Spryker B21B or B2C demo sites on my local machine. When I try to st

U04LF8W16QG
U04LF8W16QG Posts: 5 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

I have a problem with starting Spryker B21B or B2C demo sites on my local machine. When I try to start the b2b or B2C, I get this error message. I have followed all the steps and updated the hosts file. Going to any fe or be web page gets a "site cannot be reached" page. I can start the containers in docker, but not from Ubuntu. If I start them in Docker, it does not change anything,

This is the second time I installed it, the first time it worked, but I ran a command in wsl that broke it, so I removed each dist from wsl, using unregister in ubuntu. I then uninstalled and reinstalled ubunto, docker, then the steps for Stryker B2B and B2C, and neither work. I am sure this is a rookie mistake, I am new to Linux/Ubuntu. Let me know how I can correct, if I have to remove everything (and how) Thanks!!

Comments

• fsmeier
    fsmeier Senior Software Engineer & Developer Enablement Advocate Sprykee Posts: 1,051 ⚖️ - Guardians (admin)

hey, so you executed docker/sdk bootstrap deploy.dev.yml before, right? And it is a clean demoshop, not a project with customizations? And you are using windows 11 with WSL2, right?

• fsmeier
    fsmeier Senior Software Engineer & Developer Enablement Advocate Sprykee Posts: 1,051 ⚖️ - Guardians (admin)

Have you tried

docker run hello-world

to test your docker itself?

• U04LF8W16QG

I did run the bootstrap command, I will try the hello world

• U04LF8W16QG

I typed it in twice, this is what came back.

• U04LF8W16QG

It is a clean demoshop, not a project with customizations with windows 11 and wsl2

• U04LF8W16QG

I figured it out, I had to delete the .docker folder in windows>User<USERNAME and rerun the sdk up. It seems to be working now. It was a rookie mistake! Have a good weekend

• fsmeier

Hey, glad you sorted it out. 🙌 - not sure why the hello-world was working, yet the sdk wasnt…