What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hi everyone, any ideas how it could be that I'm getting "category with key xxx could not be found" e

U01SE4SRCU9
U01SE4SRCU9 Posts: 68 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hi everyone,
any ideas how it could be that I'm getting "category with key xxx could not be found" errors during a category import even though said category is in the db, and exactly with that xxx key? Even in the import file (of course) category with key xxx comes first, and only afterwards follow any subcategories that refer xxx as their parent.

Comments

• Valerii Trots
    Valerii Trots SRE @ Spryker Sprykee Posts: 1,654 ✨ - Novice

Wrong DB in the configuration?

• U01SE4SRCU9

nope, 99% of categories are imported OK, there are only two that exhibit this behavior.

• Valerii Trots

Are there special characters in the names that the DB transforms?

• U01SE4SRCU9

There is an "ä" in one, but not in the other.

• U01SE4SRCU9

Ah... there is a space at the end of each. That might have stg to do with it,..

• Valerii Trots

Was the trailing space the reason?

• U01SE4SRCU9

I'm not sure yet because the issue is on prod and I could only check it on my local shop, where everything worked fine with or without. I suppose it will take a while still, until I find out.

• U01SE4SRCU9

Also, some other category names too had trailing spaces at the end but they didn't have any issues (on prod either).