What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hi guys, I have a question concerning the checkout process and whether I am missing something there.

USPATDHK5
USPATDHK5 Posts: 60 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
edited January 2021 in Help

Hi guys, I have a question concerning the checkout process and whether I am missing something there.
1. Proceed to the summary
2. return to the address step -> enter invalid Data
3. click "continue" or use the breadcrumb to continue
then it is possible to order items with invalid Data 😕

I could change the breadcrumb so that it is not clickable anymore - but I think there is a general bug.
I was able to reproduce it in the demo shop.
Cheers

Comments

• Valerii Trots
    Valerii Trots SRE @ Spryker Sprykee Posts: 1,654 ✨ - Novice

Are you sure that it's possible to place an order?
    From screenshots I can see an issue that has been reported recently and checkout ends up in redirect loop.

• Valerii Trots

And steps to reproduce don't require to go back.

As a guest or logged in user add anything to the cart.
    Proceed to the checkout.
    At the Address step select "Define new address" and fill in only name\last name fields. Everything else leave empty.
    Proceed through checkout and place the order.

Actual Behavior:
    Form isn't validated correctly. It's possible to proceed through the checkout without the address data. In the end order placement will end up in endless redirect loop.

• USPATDHK5
    USPATDHK5 Posts: 60 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
    edited January 2021

yes that's true in the demo shop it ends up in an redirect loop - we introduced an additional check -> PLZ must fit to the country - but using the breadcrumb we can proceed and place an order with invalid data although "continue" returns an error.

• Valerii Trots

The ticket is in our queue. Unfortunately I can't say anything regarding ETA here. Sorry.