What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hello, is there any limitation regarding changing or adding indices to tables/columns that are defin

UN3B09WJK
UN3B09WJK Posts: 58 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Hello, is there any limitation regarding changing or adding indices to tables/columns that are defined inside vendor/spryker packages? I.e. i would like to index spy_sales_order.email column, but propel:diff does not recognize changes. I put this into spy_sales.schema.xml on project level:

<table name="spy_sales_order" phpName="SpySalesOrder">
        <index name="spy_sales_order_email_index">
            <index-column name="email"/>
        </index>
    </table>

Comments

• Ievgen Varava
    Ievgen Varava Sprykee Posts: 154 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

looks good to me, can you make sure that xml is located properly?

• UN3B09WJK

sure because already in that extended xml we have definitions of our custom tables

• Ievgen Varava
    edited October 2019

maybe you already have this index set by other module?

• Ievgen Varava
    edited October 2019

I see. Any constraints on email field? SHouldn't be the case for orders table though

• UN3B09WJK

nope 😞

• Unknown
    edited October 2019

Please try to run the schema-copy command before doing the diff with propel

• UN3B09WJK

after schema copy, it seems that it hasnt merged properties of this index into generated spy_sales.schema 😞 no errors btw.

• UN3B09WJK
    edited October 2019

also tried propel:install, same thing… But generally if you say that it should work, will try something… Can you just confirm that you can add this exact index?

• UN3B09WJK

will continue investigating tomorrow