What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hi, is there a way to create read-only role in zed? Lets say I want to let user list company-busines

U02M0AZBB35
U02M0AZBB35 Posts: 8 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hi, is there a way to create read-only role in zed? Lets say I want to let user list company-business-unit, but not edit nor delete. I would assume defining

company-business-unit-gui/ * / * - deny
company-business-unit-gui / list-company-business-unit / * - allow

should do the trick. However, default navigationItems provided to filterNavigationItemCollectionByAccessibility are only add-company-business-unit and edit-company-business-unit. So as soon you deny access to both of these active operations, you loose access to the menu item. Typing company-business-unit-gui/list-company-business-unit into url works though.

Comments

• UKEP86J66
    UKEP86J66 Posts: 208 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

The Zed ACL is very granular so you should be able to deny the edit endpoints but allow the list and view endpoints. I’ve not used the business unit module for a while but done this for the more generic modules like product, category, etc.

• U02M0AZBB35

Well thats the thing, the ACL allows it and works as expected. The problem is in the rendered menu. If you allow *, but then you explicitly deny add, delete, edit I would expect to still see item in the menu as "list-company-business-unit" controller is still accessible via url and I can list business units. But the menu item disappears. Filtering logic is correct, but the initial set of menu items/operations does not have "list-company-business-unit" so it ends up empty.

• U02M0AZBB35

my use case: I want to see business units in the menu and let user list business units, but deny add, edit, delete and any other active operation.