What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hi I have a general question about the starting point of a project. We have a customer, that now wan

U01DWAYA6BC
U01DWAYA6BC Posts: 16 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hi I have a general question about the starting point of a project. We have a customer, that now wants to start a b2c shop and later on we will also do b2b. So the starting point could for now be the b2c demo shop, but the whole customer model in the b2b shop is another than on the b2c side, so it makes sense, to directly start with the b2b shop, but then we have migrate all the standard b2c features to the b2b shop.
What I was thinking about is, if it makes sense to choose the b2c store with the b2b customer model, so that this main point is already on the right base.
What do you think about that, or do you have experiences in similar cases?

Comments

• fsmeier
    fsmeier Senior Software Engineer & Developer Enablement Advocate Sprykee Posts: 1,051 ⚖️ - Guardians (admin)
  • U01DWAYA6BC

Thanks @florian.scholz for the hint, just for my understanding, what is the scope / focus of the master suite. The b2b and b2c demo store look a little bit more “ready to use”.
    Does it make sense to use the master suite as a base for a implementation, or is it more something like a repo of all features and you’ll take out of what you need.
    I ask that because I see that also the merchant features are available, that we will not need

• fsmeier
    fsmeier Senior Software Engineer & Developer Enablement Advocate Sprykee Posts: 1,051 ⚖️ - Guardians (admin)

Yes, as far as I know the master-suite has all features in there. So you should remove what you dont need or dont have license for (marketplace modules have an extra license for example). But if you plan to use b2c and b2b features in a shop then I think it is easier to remove stuff than to add stuff in the b2c or b2b shop

• U01DWAYA6BC

and the implementations have the same “ready to use” status like in the b2c or b2b demo shop, I am asking because the description says that code is released to this repos as soon as it is ready, does it mean it is somethink like a beta?

• fsmeier

hmm… i think I was a bit wrong here. I thought it is also following our releases strictly. But i think you can use https://github.com/spryker-shop/suite/releases the latest tag there which should be similar to the the release 202108.0

• U01DWAYA6BC

ok, thank you, but here is also the important part for me, that says that there is no guarantee for functional, business and demo data consistency, my idea was to use the master suite as a starting point, but it seems that this is not the best idea, if I interpret it correct

• fsmeier

So my personal opinion is that it would work for you. But better double-check with your Spryker contact-person