What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Good evening. Again an issue about "*Bootcamp challenge doesn't work upon the code presented*" (

UQS4LDZU7
UQS4LDZU7 Posts: 182 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet
edited March 2020 in Help

Good evening. Again an issue about "Bootcamp challenge doesn't work upon the code presented" (https://training.spryker.com/courses/take/developer-bootcamp/texts/4743693-content-search-attribute-cart-based-catalog-personalization-challenge)πŸ™‚ I have encountered strange behavior of the category search filters (to be concrete - product color filters). Store is DE, so if I choose /en/ language in the frontend - I get the color facets in German (first case), if I switch to /de/ - I get them in English (second case). This results - that the code of the challenge ' Attribute-Cart-Based Catalog Personalization' doesn't work (no red items got boosted in catalog page for digital cameras), because in first case the color of the item in the cart is "Red", but the Facet value is "Rot". And, respectively, in the second case vice a versa. So, the final result of this "mixup" is that the challenge code works (I get red products boosted) only if I comment the

new LocalizedQueryExpanderPlugin()

in

CatalogDependencyProvider::createCatalogSearchQueryExpanderPlugins() 

which is, ofcourse wrong. I have been debugging this for hours so far, but cannot find the cause. The configs in stores.php should be ok (it was never changed sofar). I will upload the screnshots to provide more clearness:

Comments

• UQS4LDZU7

First case: language en (locale en_US), but colors in DE:

• UQS4LDZU7

Second case: language de (locale de_DE) but colors facets in EN:

• UQS4LDZU7

Does someone have an idea, why it is mixed up? Again, I didnt change any config values sofar. Just as it is in master of spryker shop suite.

• UQS4LDZU7

Thank you in advance and good rest of the night :-)

• Valerii Trots
    Valerii Trots SRE @ Spryker Sprykee Posts: 1,654 ✨ - Novice
  • UQS4LDZU7

ps The demoshop I used for the installation: VM_PROJECT=suite SPRYKER_REPOSITORY="https://github.com/spryker-shop/suite.git" vagrant up

• Interesting. That rather sounds like a DevVM bug! Can you confirm that this is happening ootb, @valerii.trots?

• Valerii Trots

I'll check.

• UQS4LDZU7

Good morning, Marco & Valerii. Just want to stress, that I used a repo different from given in installation manual (see above).

• Valerii Trots

True.
    Now will check with docker.

• Valerii Trots

It's not env-specific. In docker it's the same.
    I'll create an issue later today @UJN2JRU4F.

• UQS4LDZU7

Thank you very much, Valerii. So, it should be a vendor bug, correct?

• Valerii Trots

Correct.

• Valerii Trots

The problem was in the demo-data and now should has been fixed in the master of spryker-shop/suite.