What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hi, I have 2 questions: 1. We're building our own Server for a spryker "Test Project" and our admin

U011NH4DY1F
U011NH4DY1F Posts: 19 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hi, I have 2 questions:
1. We're building our own Server for a spryker "Test Project" and our admin wants to build it with Apache, does anyone know if there's a guide for that? Or does someone have any tips?
2. For deployment on our servers we use Jenkins, and I want to build a Jenkinsfile that caters to webpack, etc.. Does anyone know a guide for that or can help me with an example?
Thanks in advance!

Comments

• U011NH4DY1F

No one with any tips? 😞

• Alberto Reyer
    Alberto Reyer Posts: 690 🪐 - Explorer
    1. What would be the benefit of using apache? As far as I have seen performance comparisons nginx has a higher throughput.
  • U011NH4DY1F

This is likely preference. Our admin team always works with Apache.

• Alberto Reyer
    Alberto Reyer Posts: 690 🪐 - Explorer

I would really challenge that. Investing a good amount of work to build a setup with apache which needs to be maintained by your team should come with benefits and not just because “we always did it this way”.
    In general using apache should be possible, but isn’t supported by default.