What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hi, I have a problem with the frontend build process. I use *docker/sdk console frontend:yves:build*

UV6R85WBE
UV6R85WBE Posts: 24 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet
edited May 2020 in Help

Hi, I have a problem with the frontend build process. I use docker/sdk console frontend:yves:build

"Ineffective mark-compacts near heap limit Allocation failed - JavaScript heap out of memory"

Laura Kishimoto wrote 6 months ago that this is due to multi themes. She also had that problem.

What can I do to solve it ? Isn't it possible to use multi themes ?

Comments

• UK5DS29L2
    UK5DS29L2 Posts: 546 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

you need more RAM

• UK5DS29L2

or:
    β€’ create temporary SWAP space
    β€’ build,
    β€’ remove swap

• UV6R85WBE

@UK5DS29L2 I have the following settings:

CPUs: 7
    Memory: 8.25 GB
    Swap: 3 GB

Cannot imagine that these resources are not enough

• UK5DS29L2

this tell me nothing, you could have 32GB and run a 4K game in the background eating up tons of RAM πŸ˜‰ please look up top and see how much ram you have avaialble during the build process

• UV6R85WBE

@UK5DS29L2 from my understanding Docker Desktop does a static reservation of RAM. So independent of the actual amount that docker uses, the RAM will be reserved for docker.

Nevertheless I have 6.4 GB RAM unused, so it should be enough.

What to do now ?

• UK5DS29L2

how did you calculate the unused ram from top?

• UK5DS29L2
    edited May 2020

and from what I know (https://docs.docker.com/config/containers/resource_constraints/#limit-a-containers-access-to-memory) it doesn't reserve the amount by default

• UK5DS29L2
    edited May 2020

it simply eats everything you have ;] and once the service decided it needs more and cannot access it, it fails within docker