What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Good Morning, is there a documentation regarding the ssl support towards the infrastructure componen

UMZRJAE7M
UMZRJAE7M Posts: 31 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Good Morning,
is there a documentation regarding the ssl support towards the infrastructure components? It seems that SSL-Support is not yet always implemented (or only in more recent module versions or I don't know how to configure)
I'm looking for
• Redis
• RabbitMQ
• Postgres
• Elasticsearch
• Jenkins
How do I configure Spryker to use a secure connection? Which module versions do I need?

Comments

• sprymiker
    sprymiker Sprykee Posts: 781 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
    edited October 2019

Redis does not support TLS: https://redis.io/topics/encryption

Elasticsearch - you can use HTTPS OOTB
    Jenkins - Not sure, but should be easy as we use HTTP protocol.

But anyway why do you need TLS for services as it brings huge overhead for internal traffic and slows down access to services like RabbitMQ and Postgres.

• UMZRJAE7M
    UMZRJAE7M Posts: 31 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

well, eg.g Azure has SSL enabled by default for Redis and you have to explicitly allow unencrypted traffic
    GCP recommends to use SSL with Postgres
    and CloudAMQP does not support RabbitMQ without SSL

And if you would ask our ISM: everything has to communicate encrypted