What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hello Everyone, i am trying to update(ALTER) my existing table i have made the changes into the XML

U01J3GPTA1H
U01J3GPTA1H Posts: 43 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hello Everyone,
i am trying to update(ALTER) my existing table i have made the changes into the XML schema but when i try to hit the console propel:install command getting this issue. Any suggestions ?

Comments

• UKTSRTD5M
    UKTSRTD5M Posts: 77 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hi Shivam, Propel will not generate a new migration file unless you either apply the existing migration file or - what you most certainly want to do - delete the existing migration file (found in something like src/Orm/Propel/STORENAME/Migration.../). This would lead to either inconsitent oder conflicting changes. After applying or deleting you should be able to run propel:install again.

• Alberto Reyer
    Alberto Reyer Posts: 690 🪐 - Explorer

One of the propel migrations was not executed against the database.
    As propel:install will generate all necessary changes anyway, you can use the following command to generate insert statements to make sure propel skips all already generated migrations. Afterwards a propel:install will work.

Command: find ./src/Orm/Propel/ -type f -print | grep -E "\/([A-Z]{2,2})\/Migration_pgsql\/PropelMigration_([[:digit:]]+[_[:digit:]]+.php)" | grep -Eo "[0-9]{10,10}" | xargs -I{} echo "INSERT INTO propel_migration (\"version\") VALUES('{}');"

• U024B3MTB5Y
    U024B3MTB5Y Posts: 18 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

If you have non executed migrations you can execute them with propel:migrate