What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

@UK5DS29L2 because spryker supports also one db setup

UK7TM6CQJ
UK7TM6CQJ Posts: 123 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

@UK5DS29L2 because spryker supports also one db setup

Comments

• UK5DS29L2
    UK5DS29L2 Posts: 546 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

actually, one db makes sense. multiple ones don't since you cannot use different store sets per database and I GUESS they end up being duplicates of each other (which in my opinion doesn't makes much sense)

• UK5DS29L2

I don't see any gain to provide different database names

• UK7TM6CQJ

there's some limitations with one db setup, one of those is for example, that you cannot have different categs per different store, which we need

• UKHD8KTMF
    UKHD8KTMF Posts: 393 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

it really depends on the requirements

• UKHD8KTMF
    UKHD8KTMF Posts: 393 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

if you have separate caatalogs, prices etc per store than multiple DBs make sense

• UK5DS29L2

yup, I agree, but in that case using separate code repos would probably make more sense than JUST different databases configs (unless both stores are handled by the same company who has exact same workflow)

• UK5DS29L2

but anyways, I didn't really spot the categories cannot be divided per-store (thought initially root categories are meant for this) thank you @UK7TM6CQJ for pointing me at it

• UK7TM6CQJ

you could split it by root, but then you need to handle this on the project level, to pick the right root per the right store

• UK7TM6CQJ

@UKHD8KTMF catalog and prices you can split per store, in the same db setup