What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hi there & hi @UMYJ4L2TX. is there any new module likely

UMVENKCBF
UMVENKCBF Posts: 38 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Hi there & hi @UMYJ4L2TX.
is there any new module likely https://github.com/spryker/scheduler-jenkins/ in planning?
For example: https://github.com/spryker/scheduler-cron/ ?

Comments

• Valerii Trots
    Valerii Trots SRE @ Spryker Sprykee Posts: 1,654 ✨ - Novice

Hi Marcus, I'm not aware about such plans but will clarify with our product team.

• UMVENKCBF

Thanks!
    No one wants to use the "jenkins" only as a water heater or the right to run jobs / schedules. πŸ˜‰

• UKTSRTD5M
    UKTSRTD5M Posts: 77 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

πŸ‘

• Hi Marcus,

I am the product manager responsible for our docker solution, and I am happy to help you.

We are planning to work on a smaller and more lightweight solution for managing jobs.

And, I highly appreciate you sharing your thoughts about the desired solution:
    β€’ what kind of issues you have with Jenkins today
    β€’ what would you like to improve
    β€’ what is missing or you want to add

Please, feel free to answer here or reach me via DM or Email.

• UKTSRTD5M

Hi Dmytro, I'm planning just add the crons manually (as they are not changing often for us). But my main requirement is that we need different jobs on different zed instances, as we have one which is dedicated for data import handling - therefore called zimp - and another instance handling user requests. I implemented some green/blue deployment which results in zimp using the new codebase to import, publish & sync data. meanwhile al user- related stuff is handled via the old codebase in the regular zed. Therefore having just 1 instance of jenkins is a little pita... But i guess building something which takes this complexity into account may not be worth it, as setting up cronjobs isn't that hard in the first place...

• Unknown
    edited November 2019

Hi Georg,

Have you splitted the jobs for performance sake (distributing the load between 2 jenkins or crons) or because zed instances are working with different databases?

• UKTSRTD5M

They are working with the same db, but (during import, esp. after a deployment which changes the structure of the data synchronized) with different elasticsearch indices (where an alias is changed on activation) and redis dbs (which then are swapped on activation). Therefore we can near-instant swap redis, search and the codebases and avoid downtime. This is needed, because our import cycle is about 4 hours. Otherwise we would have a downtime of this length during deployment... Also it has the benefit of separating the user-experience of performance from the load the import produces for the server at least...

• TheNittyGritty
    TheNittyGritty Sprykee Posts: 25 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

@UMVENKCBF, sure you meant me? πŸ™‚

• UMVENKCBF

Hi Danielo, you were mentioned because you were named as contact person for "devops" and you are responsible for customer success πŸ˜‰