What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

I'm looking at generated order transfer and many (if not all) methods related to shipment are marked

U01G4K5E0J2
U01G4K5E0J2 Posts: 194 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

I'm looking at generated order transfer and many (if not all) methods related to shipment are marked as deprecated, what should I use instead?

Comments

• giovanni.piemontese
    giovanni.piemontese Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 871 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet
    edited March 2021

Shipment is now MultiShipment and u have to use shipment at item level...

in QuoteTranfer i mean.. in OrderTransfer maybe is the same. just check it

• U01G4K5E0J2

cool

• U01G4K5E0J2

followup question

• U01G4K5E0J2

does spryker plan to add some kind of shipmentaggregatorinterface now?

• giovanni.piemontese

what do u mean precisely?
    Spryker already has a service to identify unique shipment delivery etc... what is your goal?

• U01G4K5E0J2

what service do you mean exactly?

• U01G4K5E0J2

my goal is to get shipment carrier, method, etc for order, preferably once if all items are sent in the same package

• giovanni.piemontese

ok.. understand..
    \Spryker\Zed\Shipment\Business\ShipmentFacadeInterface::hydrateOrderShipment maybe do just what u need.. and the the rest u have to write your business logic in OMS State Machine to read the shipment informations and maybe trigger some notification or what else u need at this point..

• U01G4K5E0J2

well, it seems like hydrator uses addShipmentMethod when order is not multishipment, which is marked as deprecated, which takes this back to first question, is there a replacement for deprecated order transfer methods related to shipment?

• giovanni.piemontese

This service take care if order is a multiShipmentOrder or not.. in the case is no multishipmentorder then the shipment info will be also set at order level (deprecated method) and for it there is no replacement and i think will be so for long time... (about me)...

but u can also ignore it, becasue the Shipment will be also set for each item transfer and u can work only with them...

• U01G4K5E0J2

yeah, I will probably just take shipment from first order item

• giovanni.piemontese

yain.. there is method in spryker that give u the shipment back according if all items have the same shipment or not... i would not just read from first items.. what is if in the future do u have multi shipment? then your business logic failed.

• U01G4K5E0J2

what method do you mean?