What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hello. Say, I have one product abstract with three concretes (variants). Now I want to define the de

UQS4LDZU7
UQS4LDZU7 Posts: 182 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Hello. Say, I have one product abstract with three concretes (variants). Now I want to define the default variant to show in Catalog (by default). Should I just edit the product abstract attributes for that in backend or there are also another options?

Comments

• Jeremy Fourna
    Jeremy Fourna Lead Product Manager Posts: 130 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Inside the catalog when you search for products, what the customer see is the product abstract.

When the customer open the product detail page of the product abstract, it will see the product abstract because not value for the super attributes are selected.

When all super attributes have been selected by the customer, the customer will see the product concrete on the product detail page

• UQS4LDZU7
    edited May 2020

Hi Jeremy. Thank you, thats how I also memorized it. So, to change the visible product (lets say color) I just manipulate product abstract attributes in backend.

• Jeremy Fourna

Do you want to change order of value there (b2b demo shop example)

• Jeremy Fourna

Or inside the super attribute select?

• UQS4LDZU7

I want to change order of the value for the concrete usecase I have

• UQS4LDZU7
    edited May 2020

Btw, exactly for the color "Kacheln" like you show on the screenshot

• Jeremy Fourna

ok this color select is not a super attribute but a UI to navigate between different product abstract (product group feature).

On our demo shop we separate product per color (different abstract) and other super attribute in each abstract result in product concrete.

How do you group/separate products that have for example color and size as super attribute?

• UQS4LDZU7

It is not about the current implementation. The question is if Spryker provides the opportunity to change the order of colors (like you show) out of the box.

• Jeremy Fourna

yes if you use Product groups for that you can see the data importer format for reference https://github.com/spryker-shop/b2c-demo-shop/blob/master/data/import/product_group.csv you can define there the position of each element in the group

• UQS4LDZU7

Thanks a lot. Exactly what I needed.

• Jeremy Fourna

πŸ‘