What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

I am not able to update the host file in my system it shows "You don't have permis

U045KD44L7L
U045KD44L7L Posts: 55 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

I am not able to update the host file in my system it shows "You don't have permission" How to implement the highlighted step

Comments

• Alberto Reyer
    Alberto Reyer Posts: 690 🪐 - Explorer

Open your editor as administrator and try it this way.
    If that is prohibited, for example because you lack administrative permissions, you might need to ask your domain admin to help you out.

• U045KD44L7L
    U045KD44L7L Posts: 55 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

As you mentioned open editor as administrator is prohibited in my system. Currently i am Sign in , my system as administrator , can you explain how do i ask my domain admin ? please

• UK7KBE2JW
    UK7KBE2JW Posts: 463 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

If its not your own computer, ask the owner or the person who manages your computer in the company. and btw its not hosts.txt its host. Maybe just try another editor for opening and saving .../etc/hosts file.