What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hello again, does somebody know if there are other concepts than the product attributes in spryker t

UPWG9AYH2
UPWG9AYH2 Posts: 509 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hello again,
does somebody know if there are other concepts than the product attributes in spryker to store product specific information? Technical product attributes are straight forward with this but what about editorial content that relates to a product but gets also imported (product specific texts, bullet points, etc.)? Are there any other capabilities here to persist this data related to a product or are these handled by spryker as just further attributes as well?

The question raises because we are now at a point in the project were aggregating product information by using the data from external systems (PIM etc.) will get more and more complex (more than one description text per product, different sub-texts, information bubbles etc.) but in my opinion its not practical to represent this information extending the db schema, since its just displaying information and the incoming info may change fast.
I know spryker has CMS capabilities but AFAIK they can not represent product specific information (or can they?).
At the moment we are using attribute/value but it seems very limited since we can just commit to a key naming pattern to identify keys especially when there are collections of properties …
Any ideas or experiences from other projects?
Best regards

Comments

• Jeremy Fourna
    Jeremy Fourna Lead Product Manager Posts: 130 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hello @UPWG9AYH2 would you be available this or next week for a 30 min call so that I can understand the whole context and see what we could do to help you?

• UPWG9AYH2
    UPWG9AYH2 Posts: 509 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

@jeremy.fourna can i contact you spontaneous?

• Jeremy Fourna
    Jeremy Fourna Lead Product Manager Posts: 130 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

via Slack (written yes) otherwise via call, depends on my calendar