What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hello, everyone! Does anyone have experience switching from FactFinder to FactFinderNG within a Spry

UKHUU3NE9
UKHUU3NE9 Posts: 17 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hello, everyone! Does anyone have experience switching from FactFinder to FactFinderNG within a Spryker project? I'm curious about the effort to expect, especially regarding the the scope/volume of integration (search, category filtering, tracking). Would be nice to get some empirical values :-)

Comments

• Alberto Reyer
    Alberto Reyer Posts: 690 🪐 - Explorer

@UKHR9UN00 might be able to tell you plenty of stories and tips as we did the first Spryker FactFinderNG integration in 2019.
    Main issue back then was that everything was hardwired against elasticsearch, I'm not sure if this has changed since then.

• UKHUU3NE9
    UKHUU3NE9 Posts: 17 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Familiar names in here 😁 As you mentioned it was a switch from elasticsearch to factfinder, as far as I remember. In current project we have factfinder via "spryker-eco/fact-finder-sdk" module integrated very well into Yves frontend. For factfinder-ng Spryker provides a separate "spryker-eco/fact-finder-ng" module, which connects (directly) to factfinder rest api without using fact-finder-php-libary. Beside some possibly missing api features, it looks way more simpler, but making new request / response information fit into current integration will be an interesting task🤔