What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hi, I would like to extend an existing oms that is provided by a separate module - e.g. a payment pr

USPATDHK5
USPATDHK5 Posts: 60 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hi,
I would like to extend an existing oms that is provided by a separate module - e.g. a payment provider. It is necessary to include my own process between two stages, or furthermore to replace one transition between two states, in order to connect an external storage/system etc… Is there a way to do it without copying the whole OMS, and altering it? I tried including the provided oms using subprocesses, but still then I have to adapt the code (as the subprocess can’t be the main process) and I still have the problem that I actually want to replace one connection (transition) between two states and I think this is not possible with subprocesses.
Is there a Best Practice Example or do I have to do it with a completely different approach?
Regards,
Sarah

Comments

• Hi Sarah!
    Where do you want to adjust your OMS?

• OMS state machine is always related to project and it’s implemented on project level with all needed adjustments so you’re able to do all needed replacements in project level state machine

• USPATDHK5

I need to adjust an OMS that is within the vendor folder - I can easily access it using subprocesses, but as I wrote, I have to adjust it because the subprocess cannot be the main process, and i want to replace one connection between two states.

• I don’t think it’s a correct way. You need to provide possibilities in your module (vendor folder) and do all needed adjustments on project level when state machine for exact project implements. Project requirements could want to adjust your implementation anyway and put additional transitions between.

• USPATDHK5

That is why I am asking for help 🙂
    The OMS in the vendor folder is a payment provider OMS I cannot change. From a specific state I need to include our own OMS in order to talk to another system and then continue the provided OMS.
    I was wondering how to to that 🙂

• Actually state machine from payment module is only just a start point. Project should implement their own state machine using payment module state machine as an example. So all you should is just adjust your project level state machine with your improvements 🙂

• USPATDHK5

Thanks for your reply 🙂
    so basically copy and paste is the way 🦄