What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hi everyone, I'm having trouble installing Docker in Windows. I'm following the

U053DUL1WLR
U053DUL1WLR Posts: 4 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hi everyone, I'm having trouble installing Docker in Windows. I'm following the doc and when I do docker/sdk up I get the error in the image. I've tried to change the port number to 81 and I can see the main dashboard, however, Docker isn't connecting to the database, it says denied for root user, which is a bit odd. Has anyone else had the same problem?

Comments

• fsmeier
    fsmeier Senior Software Engineer & Developer Enablement Advocate Sprykee Posts: 1,051 ⚖️ - Guardians (admin)

Could it be that you have already a webserver running on your machine?

• U053DUL1WLR
    U053DUL1WLR Posts: 4 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

That's the thing, I don't have that, I've checked. The same thing is happening to my colleague

• U012PCVT2DB
    U012PCVT2DB Posts: 66 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

is some company-policy blocking this port?

otherwise, to help free-up ports from Windows (even, then they are not used by anything): try a "true" restart of the system -> hold 'Shift', when clicking on restart. A blue screen with options should appear shortly and you have to confirm the restart