What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hi everyone. We have a spryker application running on a Kubernetes CI cluster and recently we are h

U01A5ARAXP0
U01A5ARAXP0 Posts: 119 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Hi everyone.

We have a spryker application running on a Kubernetes CI cluster and recently we are having some problems with redis pod filling the disk. After investigating, we found that it is full of sessions, which are getting created by each liveness probe every 5 seconds.

Anyone knows how to avoid this?

Comments

• Christian von Schassen
    Christian von Schassen Director Partner Succcess Management Sprykee Posts: 33 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Hi Flavio! If you don't get an answer from the community in a sensible timeframe, I'd suggest to create a support ticket at https://support.spryker.com

• U01A5ARAXP0

Hi, thanks for the reply. I have session-redis v1.4.1, auth v3.7.5 and session-redis-extension v1.0.0.
    We also have $config[AuthConstants::SYSTEM_USER_SESSION_REDIS_LIFE_TIME] = 20; on the config_default.php, and new SystemUserSessionRedisLifeTimeCalculatorPlugin()
    on the SessionRedisDependencyProvider

Locally it seems to be fine, only one session is created for each browser calling the health-check endpoint. (forgot to mention that the liveness probe is configured to call that endpoint)

• Valerii Trots
    Valerii Trots SRE @ Spryker Sprykee Posts: 1,654 ✨ - Novice

So you will need to find out what is going on yourself unfortunately. I haven't heard about other problems other than the fixed one from above.

• U01A5ARAXP0

Ok, thanks anyway πŸ™

• giovanni.piemontese
    giovanni.piemontese Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 871 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

I follow this thread.. we have also similar problem... (with a lot of not necessary yves/zed session in redis db that will be generated from health-check + our monitoring services check [yves and zed] ).

The problem is that the browser save your session cookie and via curl/monitoring tool there is no browser and the application in the response event dispatcher just check if sessionCookie exists otherwise create a new one (it means new session).

We have for a specific tool (java) already solved (found a workround) that the Tool via CookieManager will just send the cookie got in the first response to avoid this problem.

For Health-Check maybe we have to try the same or in best case the application should not create a new session for health-check/api/monitoring endpoint used for liveness probe.

• U01A5ARAXP0

I guess we need a plugin similar to SystemUserSessionRedisLifeTimeCalculatorPlugin for the Yves SessionRedisDependencyProvider

• U01A5ARAXP0
    edited March 2021

@valerii.trots I see now that on the Yves SessionRedisDependencyProvider, for the getSessionRedisLifeTimeCalculatorPlugins, you expect an array of plugins that implement a Zed interface... that is not correct, right?

• U01A5ARAXP0

@valerii.trots do I need to submit a bug report for this or do you report it internally?

• Valerii Trots
    Valerii Trots SRE @ Spryker Sprykee Posts: 1,654 ✨ - Novice

If there is an issue in Spryker, please create a support ticket. My colleagues will take care as I'm on vacation atm.

• U01A5ARAXP0

ah, ok , thanks