What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hello, We have the following situation: • Some products got deactivated • Somehow the P&S did n

UNTTWV4JK
UNTTWV4JK Posts: 63 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hello,

We have the following situation:
• Some products got deactivated
• Somehow the P&S did not remove the documents from ElasticSearch during P&S (or there is a race condition).
• The “spy_product_abstract_page_search” rows were deleted during P&S.
• Given the documents are still in ElasticSearch, they are causing search result issues.
Triggering events for the products won’t remove the ElasticSearch documents as the “_search” table rows are missing.
This issue might also happen for Redis, but the search results are the most visible.
Is there any way of cleaning up ElasticSearch?

Comments

• UNTTWV4JK

I forgot to mention, this happens in production.

• schoenfeld
    schoenfeld Posts: 28 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
    edited October 2020

(ofc test it in env != prod first) sounds like you searching for curl -X DELETE '<http://ELASTICSEARCHHOST:10005/_all>' - followed by console setup:search and maybe console search:index:generate . Then trigger events again, and ES will be build up from scretch.

• UNTTWV4JK

Removing everything and triggering events on production will cause downtime, which I’m trying to avoid. I’m looking for a way of doing it without affecting search.
    Thank you for your answer!