What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hey, has anyone built a system with a SPA frontend rather than YVES? I’m trying to see how YVES can

U03H06V0LAY
U03H06V0LAY Posts: 39 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hey, has anyone built a system with a SPA frontend rather than YVES? I’m trying to see how YVES can be removed and replaced in the docker files for an SPA frontend ?

Comments

• Alberto Reyer
    Alberto Reyer Posts: 690 🪐 - Explorer

Yes, but the SPA was a separate project with a separate team. Spryker/Shop/Backend Team only provided the API's via Glue, the Frontend Team developed independendly.
    As for a SPA the tech stack between Spryker backend and the SPA is so different it made sense for us to split this on a team level, following Conways law.
    But of course this depends on the team members you have available and your company/project structure.

Replacing the Yves container with a custom made frontend container is not possible as far as I know.
    You could of course fork the spryker/docker-sdk and maintain your own "Yves" stuff that replaces the original Yves with your SPA, but be aware that this will come with maintenance costs for the docker-sdk (merging back upstream changes once in a while), that will sum up quite quickly.
    Removing images is an open issue (https://github.com/spryker/docker-sdk/issues/303) and I though I've seen somewhere the request to allow adding custom services, but I'm not able to find any issues in this regard.
    Another approach could be to hook into the yves build process and replace the content of public/Yves with your SPA

• U03H06V0LAY
    U03H06V0LAY Posts: 39 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

@UL6DGRULR Thanks for the answer ! Yea we’re small on the dev side right now so full stack it is 😂 , but this info is helpful that i’m not missing something obvious. 🙂