What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Another problem. The products in spryker have two fields for images: large and small images. I neede

U01DHAW94DQ
U01DHAW94DQ Posts: 12 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Another problem.
The products in spryker have two fields for images: large and small images. I needed one more type of images in the products (icons), so I added one more field, external_url_tiny (this required from me to make changes in 10 places, btw). However, when I tried to use this field in twig templates, I received NULL values inside. Hours of debugging helped me to figure out, why. spryker's service ProductConcreteImageStorageWriter copies the data from ProductImage into ProductImageStorage, and in the process it makes assumptions about the structure of these objects (find the attached screenshot). ProductConcreteImageStorageWriter is in a vendor library, so I cannot change it. So I can add another field to the products, however I cannot use it. Is there any workaround?

Comments

• UK7KBE2JW
    UK7KBE2JW Posts: 463 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

You can extend/override ProductConcreteImageStorageWriter on project and/or vendor level as well