What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hi everyone, I want to upgrade our ElasticSearch from version 5.6 to 7.10. I read already the migrat

U01660GHSTT
U01660GHSTT Posts: 80 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hi everyone,
I want to upgrade our ElasticSearch from version 5.6 to 7.10. I read already the migration guide and started to update the modules. We have some PageMapExpanderPlugins, for example one that implements \Spryker\Zed\ProductPageSearch\Dependency\Plugin\ProductPageMapExpanderInterface. This one is deprecated without a replacement and now I wonder what I need to do with such plugins.
I tried to find some hints in the documentation and in the migration guide but didn't find anything helpful. Does anyone have a hint for me where to look or what to do with the PageMapExpanderPlugins?

Comments

• fsmeier
    fsmeier Senior Software Engineer & Developer Enablement Advocate Sprykee Posts: 1,051 ⚖️ - Guardians (admin)

I see the following deprecation annotation:

@deprecated Use {@link \Spryker\Zed\ProductPageSearchExtension\Dependency\Plugin\ProductAbstractMapExpanderPluginInterface} instead.

So there is a replacement? Or what do you mean?

• U01660GHSTT
    U01660GHSTT Posts: 80 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Yes, you're right. Sorry.
    I saw that the PageMapBuilderInterface in the old implementation was removed without a replacement and not the ExpanderPlugin itself. And the interface you're pointing at uses a different PageMapBuilderInterface and thus I can probably solve my issues.
    Again: Sorry. Somehow confused a lot here.

• fsmeier
    fsmeier Senior Software Engineer & Developer Enablement Advocate Sprykee Posts: 1,051 ⚖️ - Guardians (admin)

Nothing to excuse 😉 Glad I could help and that you are unblocked