What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

When I run `vendor/bin/codecept run -c tests/PyzTest/Glue/Products` I get: ``` 1) ProductAbstractRes

UK5DS29L2
UK5DS29L2 Posts: 546 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

When I run
vendor/bin/codecept run -c tests/PyzTest/Glue/Products I get:

but there's no such thing as codecept fixtures:

I run codecept build earlier, but that didn't help. What else should I run to make this work? https://documentation.spryker.com/tutorials/introduction/t-testing-tdd-scos.htm doesn't help here.

Comments

• UKTSRTD5M
    UKTSRTD5M Posts: 77 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

this really is annoying, pls stop

• UKHR9UN00
    UKHR9UN00 Posts: 70 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Are those fixtures mentioned in codeception.yml or something else? We're testing Glue with codecept too, but don't have such issues

• UK5DS29L2
    edited August 2019

@UKTSRTD5M well, once I get the answer that helps I'll stop. I promise

• UK5DS29L2
  • UK5DS29L2

if those tests work for you, can you please let me know if you have the file at
    /data/shop/development/current/tests/PyzTest/Glue/Products/_support/_generated/PyzTest_Glue_Products_RestApi_ProductsRestApiFixtures.fixtures ?

• UKHR9UN00

We don't have this test in our suite. We've written our own tests without fixtures.

• UKHR9UN00

So I can tell, tests will at least run without fixtures. πŸ™‚

• UKHR9UN00

But that probably doesn't help you with this particular problem.

• UKHD8KTMF
    UKHD8KTMF Posts: 393 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

This is a community slack not official support. If it is a bug report it. If it your project issue and community can't help you are on your own.

• UK5DS29L2

πŸ€” I'm not really happy with core tests removal, my guess was Spryker team knew what they're doing when implemeneted them.
    While I don't necessarily rely on Glue in our app, I wouldn't really push non-stable (test-breaking) code to production

• UKHD8KTMF

How about debugging the issue?? What have you tried so far besides running stuff?

• UK5DS29L2

@UKHD8KTMF thank you for assuming I'm simply lazy. πŸ˜„ I can assure you I'm not and I successfully fixed all the other 20+ tests that didn't work for us. I tried debugging it and there's nothing I can find (that's normally the moment when a developer asks the community I guess)

• UK5DS29L2

Β―_(ツ)_/Β―

• UK5DS29L2

Thank you @UKHR9UN00 for acting professionally, though, and helping out with what you have. I'll consider removing the failing tests if there's no way for me to fix them (and add a TODO to re-check them in a month, maybe they will work again by then)

• Andriy Netseplyayev
    Andriy Netseplyayev Sprykee Posts: 519 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

If no one is answering a few days already might mean that people here can’t help - they simply don’t have the issue you’re facing. I would also suggest to report an official bug to Spryker..

• UK5DS29L2

OR they are not exactly back from holiday yet πŸ˜‰

• UK5DS29L2

either way you could just ignore me instead of telling me the obvious, if bumping the topic didn't give me the answer I'd stop it eventually, but turns out it was actually a good Idea and Felix stepped out TODAY and replied with his approach on tests. not exactly a fix, but helps

• Andriy Netseplyayev
    Andriy Netseplyayev Sprykee Posts: 519 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

issuing a bug is a good idea, still..

• UKHD8KTMF

@UK5DS29L2 I never assumed anything. I can just feel your frustration that no one was helping you. Asking what have you tried so far and if you debugged the issue is nothing personal. If you felt otherwise, then accept my apologies.

• UK5DS29L2

@UKJSE6T47

I would also suggest to report an official bug to Spryker..

consider it done πŸ™‚ Sent through support.spryker.com

• UKTSRTD5M

Jan Myszkier [11:29 AM]
    OR they are not exactly back from holiday yet πŸ˜‰

• UKTSRTD5M
    edited August 2019

What do you think @UK5DS29L2 is the count of people returning from holiday each day related to the count of people who have read your message and are not able to comment on it?

• UK5DS29L2

huge

• UK5DS29L2

it is huge

• UK5DS29L2

but honestly, drop it. I got what I needed and bug is submitted

• Valerii Trots
    Valerii Trots SRE @ Spryker Sprykee Posts: 1,654 ✨ - Novice

Hi Jan, I’m trying to reproduce your problem using latest master of spryker-shop/suite repository.

I’ve run codecept run -c tests/PyzTest/Glue/Products and got the same error about fixtures.
    But running then codecept fixtures generated tests/PyzTest/Glue/Products/_support/_generated/PyzTest_Glue_Products_RestApi_ProductsRestApiFixtures.fixtures for me. Therefore tests ran.

• UK5DS29L2

So it seems to be all I was missing was

therefore this is now fixed and the issue can be closed. Thank you @valerii.trots for checking on that

• Valerii Trots
    Valerii Trots SRE @ Spryker Sprykee Posts: 1,654 ✨ - Novice

Thank you for the feedback!