What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Guys do you test your functionality before releasing it? Seems no. It is impossible to work with you

U0145CP9Q6Q
U0145CP9Q6Q Posts: 123 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Guys do you test your functionality before releasing it? Seems no. It is impossible to work with your product! I updated module spryker/navigation-gui (2.5.0 => 2.6.0) and now all ZED is broken because you changed vendor/spryker/navigation-gui/src/Spryker/Zed/NavigationGui/Communication/navigation.xml and we have error. Please fix this ASAP.

Comments

• Valerii Trots
    Valerii Trots SRE @ Spryker Sprykee Posts: 1,654 ✨ - Novice

Sure we are testing.

• U0145CP9Q6Q
    edited June 2020

now it generates invalid src/Generated/navigation.cache file because of changes in navigation.xml

• Valerii Trots

Looking through PRs related to the ticket.

• Valerii Trots

@UKBSFUDEJ do you have any ideas why is it broken on the project?

• U0145CP9Q6Q
  • Valerii Trots

Latest changes are only in spryker-shop/suite when spryker/b2c-demo-shop and spryker/b2b-demo-shop are updated only couple of times per year.

• U0145CP9Q6Q

ok. removed navigation node from navigartion.xml and it works. Another question - why there are changes in module but in b2b shop there is nothing?

• Valerii Trots

I think the question would be why it's not a major with a migration guide. But I may be wrong.

Next release of b2b\b2c demoshops is planned to end of July as to my knowledge.

• U0145CP9Q6Q

ok. how to be up to date? πŸ™‚ which version/shop should we install?

• Valerii Trots

You are doing evertything correctly. It's our fault it seems but maybe Tamas will explain tomorrow better than me.

• U0145CP9Q6Q

ok. thanks for support

• Valerii Trots
    edited June 2020

Where exactly does this exception occur?
    Took current master ot spryker-shop/b2b-demo-shop which is basically v202001.0-p1 release.
    Ran composer update spryker/navigation-gui --with-dependencies. Got Package operations: 5 installs, 58 updates, 0 removal.
    Updating spryker/navigation-gui (2.4.3 => 2.6.1)
    Zed works without any problems.

• Tamas Nyulas
    Tamas Nyulas Application Architect Posts: 20 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

@valerii.trots please report a ticket, we’ll need to ensure that this doesn’t happen in the future.

• giovanni.piemontese
    giovanni.piemontese Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 871 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

It is not a problem about relaese from spryker...

Navigation XML is now part of cms-gui navigation.. U have only to adapt it on your navigation.xml on pyz level... it means u have to delete the xml <navigation/> from your navigation xml config/Zed/navigation.xml

• giovanni.piemontese

About B2B and B2C product relase i am full according with @U0145CP9Q6Q

We get a lot of changes (minor, patches etc...) via composer update but we have always take a look in suite about new integration or changes because b2b and b2c product are just released 2 times per year....

• giovanni.piemontese

@UKBSFUDEJ u can not ensure that this not happend more, otherwise u have to release every change as major to avoid inconsistence with b2b and b2c products...

Why it is not possible to update b2b and b2c products more frequently? @valerii.trots

The main problem is only that for every change release is missing a little integration documentation.. it will be enough..!

• Valerii Trots

Why it is not possible to update b2b and b2c products more frequently?

I don't know exactly, I'm not the person who decided that. But I would expect that this is so due to necessity of full manual regression testing of these two demoshops as they are starting points for projects.
    Where suite has only automated tests in place and is released automatically.

• U0145CP9Q6Q

@valerii.trots If you install spryker from scratch and you don't have the navigation cache yet in src/Generated/navigation.cache you will have this error. Because it generates new navigation caceh and there is empty json array with navigation . Just remove navigation cache and try to load login page in Zed

• Valerii Trots

Got it, will try soon, thanks!

• Valerii Trots

Yep, reproduced, thanks!

• UPWG9AYH2
    UPWG9AYH2 Posts: 509 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

This saved my day. I also ran into that issue πŸ˜„