What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hey together, I extended the agent functionality so that users can be searched by a id that we store

ULW0Z4150
ULW0Z4150 Posts: 69 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
edited November 2020 in Help

Hey together, I extended the agent functionality so that users can be searched by a id that we store in each BU.
My problem is that the search is supposed to show all the users that match the search with their corresponding BUs and if you click on them it is supposed to impersonate the user in the specific BU.
I’ve not read through all the code but as far as I can see at the moment you can only select customers. What would be a good way to implement this behavior?

Comments

• Andriy Netseplyayev
    Andriy Netseplyayev Sprykee Posts: 519 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
    edited November 2020

Hi David, the impersonation feature of an agent works against customer, it would be much easier if you keep it this way. Normally, you should have 1-to-1 customer with user, so it shouldn’t be a big deal. Once you impersonate the right customer, system will pickup the right user (and so BU, company etc) automatically for you.

• Andriy Netseplyayev
    Andriy Netseplyayev Sprykee Posts: 519 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

so the only difference from ootb behaviour so far - is that instead of customer name/last-name you should show user’s first/last name + possibility to search by user id. The rest can stay as-is