What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hi, I'm currently trying to overwrite the behavior of `Spryker\Zed\Application\Communication\Contro

U01EDJAC1AB
U01EDJAC1AB Posts: 11 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
edited July 2021 in Help

Hi,

I'm currently trying to overwrite the behavior of Spryker\Zed\Application\Communication\Controller\IndexController::indexAction() to add a redirect to /dashboard (so the users no longer see a blank page after logging into Zed. Unfortunately, my custom controller is never called, so it has no effect.

Is there an easy way to get Spryker boot into my custom code / change the default Zed page in another way?

<?php

/**
 * This file is part of the Spryker Commerce OS.
 * For full license information, please view the LICENSE file that was distributed with this source code.
 */

namespace Pyz\Zed\Application\Communication\Controller;

use Spryker\Zed\Application\Communication\Controller\IndexController as SprykerIndexController;

/**
 * @method \Spryker\Zed\Application\Business\ApplicationFacadeInterface getFacade()
 * @method \Spryker\Zed\Application\Communication\ApplicationCommunicationFactory getFactory()
 */
class IndexController extends SprykerIndexController
{
    /**
     * @return \Symfony\Component\HttpFoundation\RedirectResponse
     */
    public function indexAction()
    {
        return $this->redirectResponse('/dashboard');
    }
}

Comments

• UPWG9AYH2
    UPWG9AYH2 Posts: 509 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Seems to be a cache problem … did you already removed/refreshed the routing cache?

• U01EDJAC1AB

Shoot, @UPWG9AYH2. Yep, you're correct. It works now.

• UPWG9AYH2

I know this is a very common one for us too^^but place a bet on cache problem almost always wins 😄

• UPWG9AYH2
    edited July 2021

The second guess is always typo somewhere in the namespace and/or classname^^

• U01EDJAC1AB

Haha indeed - I triple checked the latter 😄