What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hi, short Question: using docker/sdk, I want to include xsl module in the spryker container. How can

UP957L8F3
UP957L8F3 Posts: 44 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Hi, short Question: using docker/sdk, I want to include xsl module in the spryker container. How can this be done in a persistent way? I can do this on the fly after the container is running (apk add libxslt-dev / docker-php-ext-install xsl) , but I hoped there is some way to do this, using deploy.yml or so? So that I can persist this feature in my code and use "vanilla docker/sdk"

Comments

• UNBSW8S8K
    UNBSW8S8K Posts: 128 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet
    edited November 2019

I would advise you not to use spryker β€œsupported” docker, as it is nightmare to change something there.

It is quite easy to build everything from scratch.

It is very weird, that instead of docker-compose templates and properly built base images Spryker is creating some kind of scripting & generation for it.

E.g. introducing state to the images, which should be stateless

• UNBSW8S8K
    UNBSW8S8K Posts: 128 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

But regarding your question, I would look in one of or all of them:

• UP957L8F3

Hi Janis, many thanks for your input. We already found these Dockerfiles and wanted to understand how and when they are used, since they are not used everytime ;/. In the deploy shell script which is called by docker/sdk up there is a spot in the template for this file where for example the Dockerfile in images/base_app will be used. But we didnt understand when this parti is inserted in the deploy file. So I hoped there is a spot in deploy.yml to set this trigger.

• sprymiker
    sprymiker Sprykee Posts: 781 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet
    edited November 2019

Hi Ulrich,

in your case you can create docker-hub image based on spryker one and point it in deploy.yml.

• sprymiker

• sprymiker

@UNBSW8S8K

I would suggest to transform you critic into requirements of what are you willing to customize in docker/sdk setup. It would be awesome to have the list of customization point you want to add.

And that was a reason to have setup be generated, mostly due to multi-store concept.

• sprymiker
    edited November 2019

@UP957L8F3

The actions to perform to solve your issue:
    1. Create github repo
    2. Create Dockerfile

1. Register builds in docker hub base on the github repo
    2. Change deploy.yml:

1. docker/sdk bootstrap
  • UP957L8F3