What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hey, is there documentation on how sorting works in spryker? And how to hook into that functionality

U039B0RUXMF
U039B0RUXMF Posts: 39 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hey, is there documentation on how sorting works in spryker? And how to hook into that functionality

Comments

• Valerii Trots
    Valerii Trots SRE @ Spryker Sprykee Posts: 1,654 ✨ - Novice

What sorting? Sort be relevance in search results?

• Alberto Reyer
    Alberto Reyer Posts: 690 🪐 - Explorer

Depends on what you want to sort:

search: \Pyz\Client\Catalog\CatalogDependencyProvider::getConcreteSortConfigTransferBuilderPlugins

backoffice: \Spryker\Zed\Gui\Communication\Table\AbstractTable::getOrders

entities: have a look at the entity repository

• U039B0RUXMF

Specifically category sort. I use spryker middleware to import bunch of data, including categories. Each category has an xml field - number to show how to sort those categories. However I could not find information on how to sort these categories so that they would be saved in correct order

• Alberto Reyer

Categories are mapped into the navigation for the navigation tree.

So a good starting point is to look at the navigation module, especially \Spryker\Zed\Navigation\Business\Tree\NavigationTreeHierarchyUpdater::setNavigationNodeEntityChanges

• Alberto Reyer
    edited June 2022

So I assume you could join the spy_url to your category, join the spy_navigation_node_localized_attributes, join the spy_navigation_node and set the spy_navigation.position during the import

• U039B0RUXMF

🤔